Chapter 20: Babies

Russia

Before we went home, we decided to go shopping for baby supplies. The Administrator came with us so we'd know what to get.

I got the cart while Ame and the Administrator waited. We walked all the way to the baby aisle. I looked at the cribs.

Did they have one for triplets? They seemed to have a stroller. I felt tugging on my sleeve so I turned to see who it was.

America held up three onesies. One was a bear, another was a cat, and the last one was a dog. "Can we get them? Pleeease?"

He made puppy eyes at me, how could I say no to that face. "Fine, we'll get them."

America smiled and placed them in the cart before dashing off to look at more baby clothes. I turned back to the cribs, finally finding the perfect one. I picked it up and set it down in the cart as best I could.

I looked back up at Ame and saw him talking to a woman with two kids. The woman was helping him pick out shirts and other kinds of clothes.

I walked up to them and listened in. "So you said you're having triplets? Maybe you should get them all matching clothes?"

"Oooo that's a great idea!" America grabbed three of the same shirt. I shook my head, smiling to myself.

"Meri, calm down with the clothes." America jumped, not realizing I was behind him.

"Aww c'mom, Rus! Just look at these little shirts!" He held up a small shirt with letters on them, I read it out loud.

"Cute like Mommy...Smelly like Daddy...really Meri? I feel insulted." Ame looked at the shirt and laughed.

"That was the wrong one." He held up a different one with a little picture of a bear on it. "This was the one I wanted to show you. Isn't it cute?!"

I had to admit, it was kinda cute. I sighed and nodded. "It's cute but we're here to look for the essentials."

"Baby clothes are essential!"

"Yes but we have enough. Let's look for toys and baby formula." America pouted but walked back to the cart anyways.

I looked up at the woman, she smiled at me. "You're going to have your hands full with triplets. I have twins and they're always a pain."

"I know, but I'm sure we'll handle it. It was nice meeting you." I turn back and then walk to Ame. 

He's looking at baby formula with the Administrator. They point out the best type and Meri instantly grabs it. He places it in the cart and wonders over to the diaper aisle.

The Administrator grabs a box before Ame can even ask which one to get. I push the cart over to them and let the Administrator put the diaper box into the cart.

We make our way to the register to pay. I start to pile things onto the conveyor belt and wait for the cashier to scan the items.

Once everything was paid for, we drove back home. Canada came out to help us with the stuff. We decided to settle them down in my old room, since I sleep in Ame's room now.