Chapter 1: The First Letter

Russia

I skipped school. I don’t have time to sit through the same shit everyday. I’m so sick and tired of my daily routine. Every day’s the same. I wake up, get ready, go to school, and then I come home.
Nothing changes.
Maybe skipping school can change that.

I sneak into the orphanage so I won’t get caught by the Administrator. Then I tiptoe up to my room and silently close the door. I turned to my bed, that’s when I noticed a letter on my bed. I walk over to pick it up and open it.

~~~~(What the letter says)~~~~

Dear Russia,

I have been feeling some strange emotions regarding you. I might even say that I love you. Though I don’t think you’ll reciprocate those feelings. I don’t have enough confidence to talk to you in person, so I’m going to write letters instead. Sorry if they get annoying.

Love,
Your secret admirer

~~~~~~~~

What? Just….what? I don’t understand. No one’s ever shown any interest in me. Is this a joke? It must be. Everyone else in the orphanage hated him so it must be a joke.

I crumpled up the letter, threw it away, and laid down on my bed. I closed my eyes but those three words stayed with me. Why’d they stay with me? It was a joke, right? Maybe it’s not a joke? I sigh and mumble, “Why am I so bothered by this stupid letter?”

I open my eyes and sit up. Maybe I could just take a peek at the letter again? I reach into the trash can and pull out the letter. I unfold it and read it a few more times….I hope this isn’t a joke. I really just want there to be someone who doesn’t hate me.

Suddenly my bedroom door slams open. I quickly hide the letter and look up to see an angry Administrator. “Why aren’t you at school?!” 

I try to think of an excuse but nothing comes to mind. “I...um...skipped school…” The Administrator becomes even more pissed and drags me downstairs while she lectures me about the importance of education. Right as she finishes, I can see the others returning from school.

Ukraine glares at me as if he’s saying “what did you do this time.” I see Australia whisper to America, to which he responds with an angry look? Why is he angry? Before I could question it anymore, I felt the Administrator let go of me and walked off to get some work done.

“So? Why’d you do it?” I look up and turn to face Ukraine. 
“What do you mean?” I ask while crossing my arms.
“You know what I mean!” He slaps my head to which I respond with holding where he hit me. “Why’d you skip school?!”
“I was bored with the same old routine. I wondered what would happen.”
“Idiot!” Ukraine shakes his head in disappointment. “You’re never going to get adopted with this attitude.” 

I turn away from him and before I walk away, I say. “I’ll never get adopted anyways besides...who’d want to adopt me..?"

~~~~~~~~

Heya guys!

I hope you like the new plot and story. I know I like it but I'm bias since I wrote it

I'm hoping to update the story everyday! I actually got my motivation back and I'm thinking about still writing even after I publish this

So maybe you guys might get a another chapter today or tomorrow. Depends on if I finish it

Anyways, hope you all enjoyed the first chapter to the new version of my book!

~Gaylimeboi