-11-

-TW: Mentions of self harm-

Kuroo's POV

I checked the digital clock sitting on my desk, 12:37. The park was only a ten minute walk from my house and Kenma said he couldn't leave till 1 so I've got time. I was kind of nervous even though we've been texting for practically the whole week. Just the thought of meeting him at the park made my stomach flutter, I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here. I mean I don't even know what his arm says yet, plus my arm says nothing so there's no way of telling if he really is my soulmate or not. I mean I don't know any other deaf or mute people so it could be him. Tonight then, I'll try my best to see what his arm says.

After a ten minute walk I'd arrived at the park but saw no sign of Kenma, to be fair I don't know how far his house is from this park so it could talk a few minutes. I found a bench next to the pond and plopped down. I watched the ducks swim back and forth as I waited for him. I wonder what Kenma's gonna bring to help me learn sign language. I've never learned a language outside of school and even though I picked up English rather quickly this is a whole other thing. As long as I can understand him there shouldn't be a problem, since he isn't deaf I can simple speak. Theres one major benefit to this situation, he won't be able to make fun of me! I'm not very good at comebacks at least this way I won't make a total fool of myself. Suddenly a ding from my phone made me jump then there was another.

Kenma💖🎮
Turn around
Ik u didn't just get scared from ur txt alert

I turned around and surely enough there he was. He had on a grey sweatshirt and black jeans with a little red scarf wrapped around him. It was almost winter so it did get rather cold at night, he looked cute. While the scarf was cute and all I was hoping to see if those bruises really were just a trick of the light, guess that'll have to wait. I don't want to think about what could have caused them if they were real.

"I was distracted of course it scared me." He smiled a bit and moved towards the bench to sit next to me. This felt unreal, I was meeting in the park, at 1 am, with a random boy I texted by accident, and now I was thinking about him being my soulmate. Unfortunately for me his sweatshirt was rather big and almost completely covered his hands meaning I couldn't see his wrist, I could just ask but it feels kind of pushy. He did ask what my arm said though so maybe I'll try. Before I got the chance though, my phone dinged again.

Kenma💖🎮
What were u thinking about

"You, obviously." My honest answer seemed to shock him a bit and he quickly turned his face away from me and back to his phone.

Kenma💖🎮
Ur weird

"Am not I am a very normal man."

Kenma💖🎮
Well now u just sound stupid

"I was hoping you wouldn't be able to insult me." I laughed which caused him to smile, I wonder what his laugh would sound like.

Kenma💖🎮
Nope :))
As long as I can txt I can insult u
Maybe if u weren't so stupid I wouldn't insult u so much

"Kenma my pride has been wounded." I jokingly put my hand on my heart as if it hurt gaining yet another smile from him. "Anyways did you bring anything to teach me with." He nodded his head and reached into a bag I hadn't noticed he brought. He pulled out a small book and handed it to me.

Kenma💖🎮
I can teach u while we are here
U bring that book home and practice

"Whatever you say teach." I grabbed the book from him and slipped it into my back pocket.