My eyes widened at the statement, but it seemed everybody grimaced and rolled their eyes at the familiar words. Namjoon flashed me a pitiful look as if he felt a bit bad for what he was about to bring up.

"Y/n, this is your first time meeting our families but if there is one person that you should know about, it's Jimin's mother. We didn't want to scare you with meeting her, and her profession alone may indicate her attitude, but since you were a female we didn't think she would be so harsh on you as she had been to some of us. It angers us to know that she went a step too far this time."

His jaw ticked as my attention got caught on what he implied.

"She's always had things to offhandedly say and has hurt us all at least a couple times with her words. That alone is a reason as to why we all just hate her in general."

I glanced around as they all held a look of fed-up annoyance and anger.

"She never liked me. Damn she really knew how to say I wasn't fit to be with them behind eloquently put words." Yoongi let out a bitter grin as he looked away while poking his tongue against his inner cheek.

"She often used Jimin as a topic to shame me. She spoke of everything he has achieved and compared them to what I haven't." Taehyung had a deep frown.

"She really never liked me." Jungkook's eyes watered a bit and I watched Taehyung immediately tug him into his hold and placed gentle pecks against the boy's head.

"Jungkook seemed to have it the worst. I really do want to have a strong word with her whenever I recall what she said to him." Yoongi's eyes seemed to darken as he watched the two younger males comfort one another.

My eyes focused on Jungkook who sniffled and lightly told Taehyung that he was okay.

"I'm sorry. I said I don't often cry, and I really don't, but she really is a topic. I feel like you should know this before interacting with her again. I was the youngest out of the group and she was really harsh against me. She dug into my parent's past and my current state. She poked about my academics because at the time I was really having a hard time with my classes, but she really didn't have to disdainfully put me down about it. She said a lot of choice words that degraded my worth, but the saddest part is that the only way I knew of her thoughts about me were because I heard her say all of this to Jimin."

The first couple of tears began to trickle down his face and I immediately leaned closer and held his hand in a tight grip to reassure him that it was okay. He hiccuped a bit as he leaned down and tried to shield his face, but Taehyung wouldn't let him and set to wiping his tears and cooing to him as I tried my best to squeeze his hands and rub his arm soothingly. It took a minute, but he calmed down and turned back to me with a forlorn expression that broke my heart.

"The look on Jimin's face was so sad. He put up an angered front against her, but I noticed the hints of anguish and disappointment radiating from him during the times after he interacted with me. I hadn't bonded with anyone yet at the time and it really made me insecure. I couldn't hide my change in emotions from everyone and told the others about what I had heard... but I haven't told Jimin hyung about me knowing anything. I just couldn't bear to make him feel so much worse than he probably felt hearing that. I always made sure to not give any hints around him because I felt so much pity in the fact that he had to hear all that."

"I waited to see if he would say anything, but he seemed to have mastered the art of acting. Or maybe you get used to it after having to bear it a couple of times. If I hadn't've heard the conversation, I might not have noticed the slips in his smiles when he catches his mother gazing at any of us or the moments where he always did his best to shield us from her. I could've told him that I knew what she said about me, but I just couldn't hurt him and make him feel bad for what his mother said. I just felt like he was pressured enough and didn't need to worry about me."