13. Making new friend

Just a little (actually super long) boring chapter 😴 😴 😴 😴

************

External POV :

Alex slowly opened her eyes from all the noise her bedmate was making. Emilie was hopping barefoot on the bed like a 10 year old girl.

"Aleexx ....." she screams the brunette's name for the nth time.

"Emilie what are you doing?"

"Get up, Alex, it's already 6am and you promised to take me to this new Breakfast a block away from school before classes so get up" She continues to jump. Alex grabs one of her feet and forcibly pulls her. With a big thud the young girl finds herself with her back pressed to the mattress.

"Ouch why must you be so agressive Alex?" she growls.

"It's too early to be so energetic little Emilie" She rests her head on the shoulder of the little brunette who continued to complain.

"Honey, the best worms belong to early birds" Alex cocked her head a little to look at her friend with a gentle smile.

"How do you do it ?"

"Do what?"

"How do you cope. I don't know much about parents but I seeing the people you love and who are meant to love you more than anything fighting every day must be pretty traumatic. But there you are, the sun is barely up and you are full of joy. Ready to light up the day for all those who need it with that Emilie Chambres smile. Starting with mine. Something I would never have believed in our first meeting but these few months spent knowing your person makes me think that this cruel world really does not deserve a heart as strong as fragile, pure and innocent like yours" Emilie was blushing while looking in Alex's more than sincere eyes. A smile on her lips.

"It's not that I forgot or that I'm very strong, no. You know sometimes I really wish my mother would divorce but that's life, it goes on and I can't do anything about it. And if I feel so good this morning it's thanks to you Alex. I really wish I had a sister like you" She finished, her eyes sparkling with gratitude. "Thank you"

"All I did was let you sleep in my bed. And I thank heaven you're not my sister or I wouldn't have celebrated my 18th birthday if I had to get up everyday at 5.30am "

"It's past 6 and we have 3 hours left before our first lessons" Emilie laughs throwing Alex out of bed who ends up on the floor groaning in pain.

"I hate you" Alex pouts while leaving for the bathroom.

"I know you love me, you told me so last night"

"It was just to make you stop whining and I regret it already" Alex answers her toothbrush in hand, her head only through the bathroom door.

"Do you regret it?"

"You can't imagine how much"

"Oh !" Looking disappointed, Emilie lowers her head as if about to cry. Alex noticed and quickly walked over to her bed.

"Hey. I was joking, I love you, you know that and I swear it's not to make you stop crying ok?"

"I know, that's exactly what I told you a minute ago" She looks up with a smirk on her lips.

"Bitch!" Alex screamed her brow furrowed and shook her head like a disappointed mother before leaving, leaving behind a laughing Emilie.

"It was just a joke Alex ... can you just show me your $ 2 face so I can see you're not mad?" She continued but all she saw through the door was a middle finger, which made her laugh even more.