9. The start of our fall

Elianna's POV:

I knock twice on Alex's door before sliding my head in.

"Alex ... are you in there?"

"Yes come in" She was lying on her bed, still dressed in her pajamas.

"Hmmm ... what are you doing?"

"Nothing. Come on" I followed the movements of her hand urging me to join her. Since our little conversation in my office, everything is back to normal. We even spent Christmas together at Albert's, at first Alex was reluctant since the only one she knew a little better were Ryan and I. But he insisted a lot, leaving the brunette no other choice. He also did everything to make the young girl feel comfortable, He kept telling her she was family over and over again, my mother and some of the guests was even starting to ask questions, like who Alex was to the big boss. But I didn't know what to say as I don't really know what binds them both.

He even gave her a very expensive gift, which the brunette categorically refused.

"Can I ask you something? If it's not too intrusive?"

"Yes of course"

"So are you going to accept Albert's gift?"

"I can't"

"Why" She sighs which makes me turn my head towards her.

"Because ... I don't even know what I would do with it"

"How's that? You could party there with your friends, moved out when you get to college"

"Except I'm not going to stay here at all. I feel like he's doing it all for exactly that. So that I don't leave the state"

"Why. I don't even understand why he insists so much on having you in his business? No offense but I'm afraid you will be of any use to him in this department" I finished with a laugh.

"I'm highly offended. You just said I'm useless" She turns to me falsely offended.

"No seriously what's the deal between you two?"

"I don't know. A friend of my father's I guess, I had never heard of him before Anya went to jail"

"Weird, maybe he was your father's Sugar Daddy" She looks at me, her jaw hitting the floor.

"What? You are gay after all"

"Are you saying that sexuality is hereditary?" I shrug my shoulders.
"I never thought someone as smart as you would say that, even to jok"

"Hey"

''Is that's Emilie" She sits up, staring surprised at the TV "It is her ''

"Oh her mom told me she wanted to be an actress but I didn't know she was already one" Alex bursts out laughing at a line which makes me smile.

''Oh, I have to send her this line, it fits her so much, She was exactly like that when I met her my first day of school''

"You seem very close now?"

'' Yes, I like the girl''

''Oh''

"What oh? No ... No there is nothing between us''

''I didn't even say that''

''Not verbally but I know you all too well''

''But why not ? I mean she's very pretty, and she's the same age as you''

''Seriously, age? Who tells you that I love girls my age? On the contrary I like them a lot more mature with experience in the bedroom and anyway they are much more understandable than girls my age'' I raise my eyebrows with a smile on my lips.