18. Persona non grata

Just a short chapter.

**********

Alex's POV:

This week was the last of the school year. The hallway crowded with students, some in a hurry for the end of the week and others too excited to tell their friends about all the crazy things they did on prom night.

I don't have much to say about that night, I went  with Costa as my date, but I had to return very early to Dacianna because she was feeling sick. And yes, Dacianna and I are dating again, which doesn't exactly enchant Asha because she's afraid that thegirl will break my heart again and leave me in a terrible state like the last time. But I love Daciana so they tolerate each other.

"Excuse me ... Excuse me" I say, slipping between my comrades to reach my locker. Almost there, I see Emilie with tears in her, running to the bathroom and Luna behind her.

My heart was threatening to come out of my rib cage. I follow them and catch up with Luna.

"Luna, what's wrong with her?"

"She... it's Quint, he put something in his glass prom night and he... tried to... to" I felt my whole body shaking with anger, fear but also guilt. Because if I had never left her that night none of this would have happened. It was up to me to bring her home safe and sound.

"Does ... has he ...?" Emilie came out of the bathroom with red eyes and threw herself into my arms.

"Alex"

"Emilie, I'm so sorry"

"Wh? It not your fault"

"Yes it's all my fault, I should never have left you all alone especially since I knew he had to be after you since you broke up with him. It was all my fault. I'm sorry... I'm so sorry Emilie"

"Alex, it's absolutely not your fault and Luna got there before he ..."

I went to my locker to pick up a few books before walking Emilie back to her class. Quint and his friends, mostly my teammates were in front of my locker.

"Quint?" I call him in a calm but icy voice, not that I'm going to let him get away with that, no. But not in front of Emilie. Seeing Emilie, they burst out laughing.

"What? Now you are her boyfriend" I really wanted to contain myself, not to explode in front of Emilie, because I know she needs two arms to hug her and not violence, not after what she experienced. "The rest of my pizza" He said pointing to my frien and see red. With a sharp jerk, I smacked his head against the locker and kicked him in the stomach and when he was on the floor I cruch his face with my shoe. 

''Hey..!'' One of his friend try to intervene but when I turned to them he raised his hands in the air.

"Someone else ?" I shouted to interrupt the deadly silence that now reigned in the hallway, all eyes on us and I didn't give a fuck.

"What is happening here ?" Our Biology teacher asked me. "Alex?"

"Nothing"

"What do you mean nothing? He's bleeding" He helped Quint rup to his feet. "Help me get him to the nurse." One of his friends helps him while Quint was holding the side of his bleeding head. "You, in the principal's office right now" Mr. Ramisez shouted before disapearing.

********

Sitting in front of the principal, Elianna, Emilie and her mother to my right. Asha and Quint's parents to my left. The little prick had bandages all over his forhead.

"So Quint if you explain to me what happened?"

"She's crazy, this girl is a psychopath, she attacked me like that for no reason"