'Yeah, sure. What's wrong?' Ezekiel pushed his bicycle on his right and reached over to peck her cheek.

Octavia kept her head down while she spoke and focused on each lamppost they passed. The night breeze blew into their t-shirts and tossed their hair. Yet it was calming enough for them to hold back their hair. 

After she spoke, they walked in silence with the bicycle humming whenever they'd make a turn. Ezekiel glanced down at her hands. A nervous habit he picked up about her. She'd wipe them on her jeans, then stuff them in her back pockets.

'I'm sorry, that he doesn't believe you,' Ezekiel said and waited for her to look at him, then smiled. 'Does it help that I believe you?'

'Yes, it does.' Octavia stopped and hugged him. 

When she actually wanted to lean on him and cry but they were on a sidewalk in Lionel View. Houses all around them were glass, and they wouldn't enjoy seeing two teenagers sharing saliva.

'I have an idea, to cheer you up,' Ezekiel said once she pulled away. 'Why don't I paint you? I have Kings to myself tonight. Believe it or not, my parents never dine there, they'd rather go to La Fable.'

'I don't think I'm ready for that yet.'

'All right, then just come over. We can—'

'We can, what? Ezekiel?' Octavia couldn't help but snap, but she knew she'd have to get it out, eventually. 'I heard you in the pool house, you know? With Reagan... about how we've never had sex.'

'Oh, that.' He gripped the handlebars of the bicycle. 'I told you, I don't care that we've never had sex. There're many ways to be intimate. They don't even have to be sexual.'

'Then why do you want to paint me nude? What? Halfway through you'll get a hard-on.'

'No, well... no, I want you to like and accept yourself Octavia. Embrace your insecurities because I love them. They're unique things about you. They're art, it's what makes us all different and interesting.'

'I can't okay, I've tried.' She crossed her arms and scrunched up her nose. 'And stop with that cliché shit. I've heard it from so many movies.'

'Then stop trying to be perfect.' Ezekiel kept his eyes on the ground and tried to keep his voice level, but he couldn't help how frustrated this was getting. 'No one is perfect, not even Nikolai.'

'Don't bring him into this, this has nothing to do with him.'

'You're wrong, everything is about him.' Ezekiel snapped his head and Octavia stepped back. When Tyson snapped at her, she wasn't fazed but someone as sweet and charming as Ezekiel King made her wrap her arms around herself and stare at him. When he dropped his bicycle, he didn't care and waved his arms around. 'All of this is about him.'

'Well, not everything's about art.'

'We started dating because of my art. That's literally what brought us together.' His arms landed beside him, and he tilted his head. 'I thought you liked my art.'

'I... I do, it's just, I don't know? Okay. I don't know what I want.' She turned away from him and faced the empty street. 'The last thing I ever thought I'd get was a boyfriend here. I just wanted to make friends, which I have and they've—so far—been the best and only ones I had.'

A short ring made Octavia turn around. Ezekiel picked up his bicycle and avoided her gaze. She sniffled and wiped a tear before he noticed. When he stood up, he frowned and slowly approached her.

'Look, Octavia, you're the best thing that's only and ever happened to me. I'll admit I thought I got you, but I'll never truly understand you. I want to and hope you let me. I don't even know if you're happy.'