Chapter 10

Song: Never Hurt Again

Artist: Aquilo

Chapter 10

Octavia got home that night and scrolled through the messages on her phone for the first time. She had more than usual. Mostly Snapchat with random people who thanked her for the awesome party. The group chat that started everything buzzed many times. It involved Reagan and another guy talking about how hungover they got. The only thing that caught her eye was another event. Posted by Lochlan in a vague way that made no sense.

Loyal Contingent playing 2nite @ On Stage 8 pm

Octavia's phone pinged, and she saw a message from Ezekiel. She couldn't hold in the smile and turned on her back so she could enjoy texting him on her bed.

Ezekiel: Hey how you doing? Awesome party. I'm sure I've told you that though...

Octavia: I'm great! Thanks, and yes you have. How's the hangover?

Ezekiel: Shit but it was worth it :) Hbu?

Octavia: Didn't drink. Tried to OD on ice coffee.

Ezekiel: Wait, so... we hugged AND cuddled while you were sober?

Octavia: Yes, we did hope you're not having doubts now that you're sober?

Ezekiel: Of course not! It was great and I hope we get to do that again

Octavia stared at the words of his last message. Her smile broke into a squeal, but only for a moment until she realised Lucca asleep next door. She covered her mouth with her hand and thought of a response. Ezekiel beat her to it.

Ezekiel: You coming On Stage tonight? Bechett's band is playing. Please come, I'd love to see you.

Ezekiel didn't have to beg. Octavia was on her feet and strolled into her walk-in-closet. She thought to change her t-shirt, but left it and grabbed a denim jacket. When she stepped into the hallway, everyone's doors shut and all the lights were out. She's been in the house long enough to know where the staircase was. She tiptoed up the staircase, and onto Dustin and Grandpa Mora's floor. 

Grandpa Mora wasn't like the rest of her family. He was awake. His door ajar and a light shone. She crept past his door and caught him watching TV. His eyes barely open so he'd knock out soon. She called Dustin and ended the call before he had the chance to pick up. She stood in front of his door and waited for the moment he opened it. Seconds passed, and the door flew open. Dustin gasped, and Octavia pressed a finger to her lips. He stepped aside, and she walked into his room.

'Vat' are you doing up?" Dustin grabbed a shirt and covered his chest. He eyed her up and down. 'Vere' are you going?'

'This band I want to go see, in town tonight.'

'No, no, no, Octavia, tomorrow is school.'

'Please, I won't be out late. I have to go, Dustin.'

'Vhy? Who is this band?' Dustin raised a brow. 'Also, does Mr Mora know?'

'No, I just need a ride. I'll get someone to drive me home.' She clasped her hands together. 'Also, I'll take the bus tomorrow so you can sleep in.'

Dustin watched as she drew closer and crouched down in front of him. Those dark green eyes glistened up at him. He shook his head when the pout came out because he knew he couldn't say no to that. She'd done it ever since she was little, and it caught him every time.