𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆.

riley doesn't like people who don't turn down their music

we made it outside and a few minutes later, ambulances, news crews, and first-responders began arriving at the scene.

"percy?" i asked annabeth.

"probably," she responded.

i kept my head down. i pulled a cap on, and tried to stay away from the cameras. from eavesdropping on the conversations of people around us, and news reporters, we found out some people say someone fell off the arch. they said this freak explosion was caused by an adolescent boy going wild.

we pieced two-and-two together and realized there was monster, probably the fat lady, and percy fought her/it, and ended up falling off the edge.

i didn't want to believe it. he couldn't be dead.

"J.A.R.V.I.S. what's the chance of someone surviving that fall?" i asked my a.i.

"it is almost impossible. hitting water at that height is like hitting concrete." the a.i. responded.

annabeth looked at me questioningly. 

i said, "it's near impossible to survive that."

"we'll keep looking. he's not dead. he can't be," grover reassured.

i nodded and we kept looking. every so often i made J.A.R.V.I.S. run a scan, to try and find percy's face. finally, after what felt like hours of searching for a green-eyed boy, J.A.R.V.I.S. gave good news.

"miss.stark, i see someone matching the facial description of your friend, percy jackson, at your five-o'clock." J.A.R.V.I.S. said to me.

"thanks, J. you're a lifesaver," i thanked my a.i.

grover and annabeth followed me to where we found percy. his back was towards us.

"perrr-cy!" grover bleated.

he turned and got tackled by grover's bear hug — or goat hug. grover said, "we thought you'd gone to hades the hard way!"

annabeth and i stood behind him.