" I won't. Now stop being a sap and let's go smoke."

I laugh and grab her hand.

*time skip*

We're in her smoke room and she's smoking and we're watching this anime she wanted me to watch. It's quite funny. I don't get many of the jokes. Maybe because I'm old but seeing her laugh at them makes it better.

I hear the door in the other room open and everyone walks in. Danny puts the joint in her ash tray for a second and wipes the popcorn butter off of her fingers. She opens her arms and everyone tackles her to the floor. She grunts as Carlisle, Esme and I watch in amusement. She looks at us in disbelief.

" you're not even going to help a little bit?" I shake my head no and she flips me off. Carlisle chuckles and tells everyone to get off. One by one they hop off of her and she takes in a long breath.

" Really thought I was gonna die. Plus I just smoked." She picks the joint back up and sits back on the floor. Everyone lays on the floor around us and we just sit in comfortable silence. Danny eventually finishes her joint and closes the computer.

She pushes me down and crawls on top of me. I wrap my arms around her waist and kiss her head.

" I'll wake you up in a few hours beautiful. Get some more sleep. I bet you're exhausted." She nods her head and closes her eyes. I pick her up and she wraps her legs around my waist. I sit down with my back against the wall and she sleeps that way which for some reason she finds most comfortable.

" Edward.... is she ok?" I shrug my shoulders.

" She seems ok but she did have a nightmare tonight. She'll be out of it for a while so I'm gonna stay with her as much as possible if that's ok Carlisle." I look up at him and he just nods. I sigh and put my head against the wall. I look down at her while she breathes softly and her lips slightly parted.

She so damn beautiful and I don't know why I chose Bella over her when it was clear what her intentions were. Maybe I just wanted to believe that the love of my life wouldn't be able to do something like that. A mortal that knows about vampires and ghouls can be just as dangerous as actually vampires and ghouls. We need to keep to ourselves to stop this from happening again.

" Where is Bella?"

*time skip*

I walk down the stairs that wind down to the basement. Emmet and Jasper are coming with me just to ensure she doesn't try anything I guess. As much as I don't want to even breathe the same air as her, I still feel for her. I don't think I'm in love with her. I don't really feel anything for her but she is Bella.

I don't want to leave Danny but I just have to do this and I'll stay with her.

I open the door and we walk over to the glass that separates where we are. She smirks as she sees me come in. I sit down across from her and lean back in my chair.

" Bella." She scoffs and leans forward. She crosses her fingers and smiles at me.

" Oh? You can hate me that much now? It's not like I touched her?"

" But you had someone who hated who she was and who was inside her, hurt her. Quite frankly makes it worse."

She combs her fingers through her hair and sighs as she scratches her scalp.