5

"Joon, do you want eggs or pancakes?" I question, standing in the doorway of our bedroom, watching him get dressed.

"Ahh, I have to leave really soon babe. I don't have time for eating."

I frown, "you know you get sick if you don't eat in the morning. I'll just whip up something quick, baby."

I scurry to the kitchen, trying my best to make a fast egg, sausage, and peppers omelet. I stare at the egg, yelling at it to cook faster.

When he comes out, fully dressed and with his man bag, I had him a plastic container with the food inside.

"Here. I love you, have a great day at work. Don't forget about the meeting," I remind, knowing he'd forget.

"I love you, too! See you tonight!" He shouts after kissing me and rushing outside.

I sigh, hating to left be alone in this damn house. I didn't mind it when we lived back at the apartment. We lived closer to our friends and family then.

I began to make my own breakfast, watching the eggs sizzle. Hm. I open the fridge, my heart skipping a beat as I see we're running out of food. I can go grocery shopping today. Finally, out of the house.

Though Joon took the car, I've gone around the area and there's a little market just down the road. I mutter happy swears under my breath, going to the bedroom to grab my shoes and keys.

A chill is sent down my spine once I hear a loud thump from outside the room. I try to ignore it though, giving it attention is probably bad.

I quickly get my shoes and jacket on, almost running through the house to get out. My heart beats quick as I shove the key inside the door to lock it. Outside. I'm outside, I'm safe.

I sigh, putting my keys in my pocket and start walking to the store.

Why is this happening to me? And why doesn't it happen when Namjoon is around?

It's so... odd. And scary. Is it really just me imagining things? Is it some kind of anxiety I've had about moving into a new house?

No, it couldn't be... but yet, it could. The eyes I saw could've been a reflection. The growl could've been a floorboard. The radio could've been an electrical problem.

What about the phone call though? A prank call? It could be a possibility.

All this thinking was giving me a headache.

As I get to the store, I grab a cart from the front. I walk down different isles, picking out food items we needed.

"Excuse me?" A lady taps on my arm, a concerned look on her face.

I send a polite smile, "may I help you, miss?"

"Did you just move into that new house on Tuchan street? The one with the purple flowers in front?"

I nod slightly, "Um, yeah. My husband and I are the new owners of it. May I ask why?"

"You need to get out of there. Now."

_____

•I apologize for missing the update last week, especially the day before Halloween which doesn't make sense for missing since this book was written specifically for that•