Chapter 62.

"And I would have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a life"

Song: How to save a life - Nilu

This is a double update. Read chapter 61 if you haven't yet.

Appreciate you love muffins.

*****

HARRY'S P.O.V:

"Peaches! God I fuckin missed you!"

Jimmy is leaping towards Abby as soon as I open the front door, at the same time that Ludo bolts in and runs straight towards me.

He wraps his arms around Abby, lifting her up and swaying her back and forth while she squeaks in surprise and Steve is still standing in the doorway but with a bright grin as he watches them.

Ludo has jumped up into my arms, knowing I'll catch him but he knows better than to do that with Abby, he's already knocked her over trying.

"Hey Jimmy," Abby wheezes, sounding damn near strangled from how tight he's hugging her, "I missed you."

"Be gentle asshole," I snapped at him, scrunching one of my eyes closed when Ludo plants an excited lick up the side of my cheek, "Yeah boy, I missed you too. I'm happy we're home."

Jimmy flips me off behind Abby's back while still keeping hold of her.

I gesture my head at Steve, for him to come inside, and he walked in shutting the door behind him.

"Evening you two," Steve says, looking between us still with that fond smile and folds his big arms over his chest, "How was the drive home?"

Jimmy finally drops Abby on her feet, roughing his hand over the top of her head like she's a long lost puppy, "Still as cute as when ya left."

"The drive was okay, it was long but I stayed occupied," I tell him, then give Abby a sly look when I put Ludo down to go see her and she glares at me.

My hands get distracted on road trips, she should know that by now.

"Hey Steve," Abby walks over to him, after fussing over Ludo and stands on her tiptoes to wrap her arms around his neck and pull him into a hug, "I missed you."

Steve smiles, wrapping one giant arm around her shoulder, and patting his hand against the back of her head with the other hand. He was far more gentle than Jimmy was.

"Hey honey," he says, "we're glad to have you back. It hasn't been the same with you gone."

I think Steve means that in more ways than one. For a few weeks there it felt like we lost her completely. She isn't magically fine now after our trip away, she's still dealing with the stuff with her Dad among everything else. But she's certainly doing better than she was.

"Oi, where's my hug bitch?" Jimmy says coming to stand in front of me, holding his arms out, "You know ya missed me."

Yeah missed you like a bullet in the head.

I give him a flat look, then smack the back of my hand against his crotch which makes him wince and jump back while dropping his arms, "There's your hug asshole."

"Hey watch the goods!" he exclaims, dusting off the front of his pants like I've tainted a priceless possession, "And I missed you too, dickhead."

"Did you wanna come sit down in the living room? Did either of you want a drink?" Abby offers, and Jimmy waltzed over to wrap his arm around her shoulder.