Chapter 70.

"Hung high and dry where no one can see

If there's no one to blame, blame it on me
Storm in the sky, fire in the street
If there's nothing but pain, put it on me"

Song: Put it on me - Matt Mason

*****

A/N: ohaaai, Apologies for the wait, I was working on perspective and now I've got a double update for you here. I hope you all had amazing holidays. I've missed you terribly..

PSA: I'd put on your seatbelts for the rest of this book.

1 week later:

HARRY's P.O.V:

9.45pm.

"You finishing work now baby?"

"Yeah, it's been a long day, I can't wait to get home — will you be home late?"

Abby's voice is always like a breath of fresh air, and I lean back in my seat letting my eyes close for a moment picturing her face.

"I'll try not to be, but it won't be for a while," I say, looking around the empty downstairs bar, quickly pulling my phone from my ear to check the time before placing it back.

The club is quiet, and it's always kind of odd seeing it so bare in the red lights on the night it's closed. I'm too used to the chaos that goes on here.

"Business stuff?" She asks, and I hear her yawn, which makes my stomach sink.

She's been so tired this week. I think she's trying to make up for missing work when her father died and has been working extra hours even though I told her she didn't have to.

"Uh... yeah. Business stuff," i say in a vague tone, not intending on explaining it further right now.

The less Abby knows until this is sorted the better.

"Something you'll tell me another time?" She questions, and I reach for my glass of whiskey on the table next to my chair, taking a sip.

"Yeah, another time — you just worry about getting home and relaxing. Give Ludo some belly rubs for me."

"'M'Kay," she says, not pushing it further, and I dunno whether I like it or not. I think it's my own guilt, knowing she's so trusting but the fact I won't be telling her this till after the fact... I dunno why, I just feel bad keeping anything from her these days.

"I'm gonna get going so I can finish locking up, and check on the dogs one last time. I'll pick up Ludo from Jimmy's and see Maurine for a bit, then I'll see you when you get home."

"Make sure you rest baby, you sound really tired," I tell her, wishing I'd be home to crawl into bed with her, "Tell Mauzy I said hello."

"I will, I miss you," i can hear the smile in her voice and it makes the corners of my mouth tug up,"I'll see you when you get home. Stay safe, okay?"

"I will little mouse," I reply, wishing I could stay on the phone longer, we've barely been able to see each other this week, "I love you the most."