Chapter 19.

"I don't think they can handle this"

***

June 20th:

"Get in bitch! We're going shopping!"

"Jimmy I'm not sure about this..." I worry as I look over to him once I get in the car, while he sits there with an excited grin and sunglasses covering his eyes.

He waves me off with one hand, as he starts the car with the other, "Bullshit Peaches, we're gonna have a blast."

I wanted Sophie to take me lingerie shopping, so I had something for Harry's birthday coming up amongst the other things I'm trying to organise for him. I wanted to surprise him with it, but I still kind of don't know what the fuck I'm doing. I find trying to be sexy so awkward on me, but I kinda want to push myself out of my comfort zone.

Unfortunately Sophie had to cancel last minute, so she called Jimmy and asked him to take me instead. I told Harry I was heading out shopping with Jimmy, he was distracted working on some of his butterfly taxidermy in the back room and I don't think he was even paying much attention to what I said.

I just got a hummed, "Have fun baby" when I gave him a kiss goodbye, as well as an added, "Don't go off by yourself, make sure you stay with Jimmy" yelled out from the room before I walked out the front door.

Now here we are.

"Do you know anything about lingerie?" I question tilting my head while Jimmy pulls away from the curb and his usual music starts blasting through the speakers.

Jimmy snaps his eyes to me, and keeps one hand on the steering wheel while placing the other over his heart, looking as if I've just offended his culture "Do I know anything about lingerie? Did you forget who you're in the car with?"

"Sorry I was just wondering--"

"Stop stressin Peaches, we're gonna have you decked out like a sexy little succubus - it'll suck the soul right outta' Harry when he sees it" he assures me, but honestly that just makes me more nervous.

I pick at the bottom of my shirt as I look down to my lap, "I don't think I could be that, I'm not good with stuff like this. I just needed help picking something nice-"

Jimmy holds his finger up to interrupt, "I will not have that bullshit in my car, you hear me? We're unleashing your inner hoe today Peaches, and she's gonna ruin Harry's fuckin life."

"... My inner hoe?" I echoe, staring at him with my brows pulled together.

Jimmy gives me a dramatic nod, as he reaches for the stereo skipping through a few songs until he decides on one.

"Now, let's set the mood shall we?"

I hear the start of bootylicious by destiny's child flow through the speakers as Jimmy's rolls shoulders to the beat.

Jimmy then tips his sunglasses down the bridge of his nose to look at me over the rim of his glasses, "What ain't the world ready for Peaches?"

He lifts his brows to urge an answer as he starts to rolls his body in the front seat like a damn stripper in a club while the song continues to play.

I'm not sure exactly what he wants me to say, but from the song I just answer with the first thing that comes to mind, "... This jelly?"

Jimmy nudges his sunglasses back up and points at me, hollering "Damn right! Now sing it with me!" Just before he breaks out into a screeching song.

"I don't think you ready for this jelly
I don't think you ready for this jelly
'Cause my body too bootylicious for yo babe!"