Chapter 55.

"Feels like something

That I've done before
I could fake it
But I still want more

Say, say my name
I need a little love to ease the pain"

Song: Dissolved Girl - Massive Attack.

****

A/N: I'M BAAAAAAAAACK (fucking finally, amirite?). 

I was set back with my writing, and we had to wait 28 days for this which I am eternally sorry for. Smack me fair on the nose. Bad Author, shame on me. I missed the heck out of you, and I've come bearing two long ass updates.

 I missed the heck out of you, and I've come bearing two long ass updates

*****

Have you ever tuned out of reality?

That's what I currently feel like.

I've switched the channel on the TV from a horror movie to something comforting to get lost in. I know everything that's waiting for us when we get back home, but god it feels good to check out from all of it.

It feels good to finally have a break.

No David. No Andy or my mother. No work, club or the stress that comes with other parts of our life.

For this short period, they don't exist. It's just us.

When we got inside this mystery cottage that Harry decided to spring on me last night, it was obvious that Jimmy and Steve had been here.

There was a box set of Ru-paul DVDs next to the TV in the living room, and a stack of Mariah Carey CD's next to the old stereo on a table beside it.

This place almost felt like a time capsule. It hadn't been updated since the 90's, I guess Steve and Jimmy decided to leave it like that. They might enjoy the nostalgia. Even the Television is one of the old box type ones. There's a VCR player, which made me a little anxious to look at but there was a DVD player sitting on top of it, which I assume Steve or Jimmy added. There's no internet. Even the home phone on the wall has a long spiral cord.

I remember damn near tangling my whole body in chords like that when I was younger, and I'd have to stand in the one spot to talk on the phone.

The couch reminds me of one similar to the one my parents had when I was a kid, it's floral patterned and even has a crocheted blanket thrown onto it.

I was a little too excited over seeing an old stone fireplace in the wall. because again, I haven't had one of those since I was a kid living out in the country. I pointed out how nice it looked with the wooden floorboards through the whole place but Harry only said 'having wooden floors next to a fire sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.'