Rage

Beth's POV

“What is she doing here?” I murmured. I am not angry with her kids. They are cute. Especially Evie. But Elijah is an exact copy of his father. He usually glares at me and I hate the fact that Antonio is his father.

“Ahem...” She tried to catch my attention but I choose to ignore her. “Would you like to join us at the park?” She asked.

Silence......

I didn't reply to her.

“Eli would be happy if you join us.” She sounded hurt. Now, she's using my daughter against me. Emotional blackmailing.

“Who said Eli is going with you?” I snapped at her.

“I don't have to ask you permission to pamper my niece.”

“I am her mother.”

“I know, you don't like our presence but.....”

“You are wrong.” I took a deep breath. I think I need to clear her many things. “Kate. It's you whose presence is suffocating. Eli is staying today.”

Kate looked hurt with my rejection and declaration, but she was the one who demanded my punishments.

“Mommy?” Eli poked me. “Zia?” She asked about Kate.

“They will come tomorrow.” I tickle her and giggled. “Cookies?” She nodded and followed me to the kitchen. We left Kate, Elijah and Evie, without biding byes.

“I protect my sissy,” Eli said, referring to Sylvia. “She was missing you too.” She pulled me to Sylvia's room.

My baby was busy with the rag doll. I felt apologetic that I ruined the birthday party. It was her first birthday. But it ended with blood.

She walked to Eli, ignoring me. It was amusing. Sylvia, for the first time, preferred someone else over me. I love watching both of my daughters interacting.

“Mommy, I have my own room here. Next to Savannah.” Eli informed me. “Mark brought me new clothes.” I smiled and kissed her palms. “Can I ask you something?” She looked nervous. I could feel that she's uncomfortable about something. I nodded and she smiled. “Is Mark my new papa?”

This is a weird question. Who the hell gave this idea to her?

“No, Princess.” Mark was carrying trays of snacks. “No one can replace your papa.”

“But you both look Mommy and papa to Sylvia...” She looked guilty like we are going to scold her.

“Because we are her mommy and papa.” Mark kissed her forehead, like he does to Savannah and Sylvia. It appears like Eli is his daughter too. “He is your papa. Mommy is your mommy.”

“What should I call him?” She asked me.

“You have a lot of time to think, Princess.” He scooped her in his massive arms. “You are so much like your mommy.” He cooed her.

“Because I look like mommy.” She gave him the 'duh' look.

“Of course.” He tickled her. “You are brave like her.”

“I was brave. I saved Silver when she was missing mommy. I miss mommy too.” She said innocently.

Mark didn't reply and carried my daughter, Eli out of the room. She giggles and threw a lot of flying kisses to me and Sylvia while leaving the room in Mark's arms.

I could hear them talking distinctly. They were talking about various things which I couldn't differentiate. It sounded like father-daughter talk.