Chapter 26: Isabelle's birthday

Start from the beginning

"You know, something is telling me that you are only apologizing for the force you used on me when you marked me, you don't feel sorry that you marked me" I narrow my eyes at him. That's because I don't" I roll my eyes and face the other side of the bed "Why aren't you in Dapphion anyway?"

"My mate is on Earth," he answers. "What about the rogue attacks?" I ask while turning around to face him

"Reduced" I nod, he stares at me, I give my full attention to him. His eyes wander down to stare at my lips "You know that was our first kiss," I say "you kissed me when your drink was spiked" I laugh quietly "Did you kiss me back?" He shakes his head "that's like an insult to a girl"

"It would only be if she has feelings for the guy" that shut me up, "I need to sleep, Isabelle's birthday is coming up and I have to plan it tomorrow" I hug my pillow.

I walk into the living room the next day to see Ernest giggling at something Isabelle said, she gives him a small smile "Hi" Isabelle jumps while Ernest gives me a toothy grin "Where are mom and dad?" I ask looking around, Ernest mouths out 'birthday shopping' I chuckle because Isabelle sees him.

"Have you eaten breakfast?" I ask them and they nod "You ate breakfast" I cross my arms at Isabelle "You are free to smell my mouth" she opens it "ew, no" she grins in victory.

"I'll see you guys later" they wave and I walk to work "Good morning" I greet my boss, "Aurora" he waves and I move to hang my bag.

I jump when I feel a hand on my shoulder, "Are you okay? You've been jumpy since you returned to town" I remove his hands from my shoulder, both my mark and I hate his touch, well my mark hates his touch more than I do and insists on punishing me by burning me.

"I'm fine Troy" I mumble, he spins me around to face him and cages me between in his arms "Uh... I'm very uncomfortable" I'm thankful there's enough space between us because I don't think I'll be able to endure the pain of the itching burn on my skin caused by the mark.

"No, to me Aurora. Tell me" he puts his left hand on my cheek and my mark burns angrily "Troy move back!" I say, Jack is out of the cafe and we have no customers so it's only Troy and me in the cafe "I care about you Aurora"

"Move back Asshat!" I push him but he wouldn't budge instead he pulls me closer and places a kiss close to my mark which burns me and he jumps back touching his lips with a pained expression on his face "What the hell?" I hurriedly pick up my bag and leave the cafe ignoring his calls.

By the time I get home I see mom talking while sitting on the floor and watching a game on the TV "Hey sweetie," my dad greets, I sit beside him with a sigh "Who was in your room last night" I can't even get a break at home, I face him with an innocent look.

"No one," I say but it comes out more like a question than a statement "Was it Asmodeus?" I almost cringe at the title "N-no, I mean yes"

"I'm not going to say it okay, but if he's forcing you to do anything tell me okay? I never got to give you this dagger, it's laced with demon poison" he gives me a box and I collect it with a smile, "Thank you"

"Okay! So! Isabelle's birthday is coming up in two days, Aurora you're on the cake and presents duty, I'm on lists of people invited" my mom claps, "Okay," my dad smiles happily because he isn't appointed to any tasks, "Rick you're--"

"Hold on Woman, we had an agreement" she rolls her eyes "Fine!" I look at them confused "Don't worry about it Aurora"

The party was already in full swing by the time it was 3pmin the afternoon, Isabelle greeted people with a fake smile who wished her happy birthday, honestly, she looked bored which was unlike her, she loved her birthday as much as I loved mine, seeing her like this on her birthday just broke my heart.

I picked up a bottle of sprite but paused when I heard my auntie's whispering gossip to one of her friends.

"The first daughter mysteriously disappears then appears back into town, the second daughter went into a coma and woke up looking dead while the third child isn't even theirs. God! What a disturbing family, hell I'm scared of eating here in case they added some voodoo nonsense into the food, after all, Kate was once friends with a demon!" I turn to face her with a fake innocent smile.

"The first daughter fell in love with her stepfather and got pregnant with his child, the second daughter got pregnant with her already married lecturer's baby! Oh my god! What a sad and miserable woman you are!" Her face twisted in anger.

Aunty Kate loved judging people, she even forgot that her own family has problems like everyone else, it's probably the reason why her two husbands and now a third one left her.

"Are you talking to me?!"

"Do you even feel the slightest bit of guiltiness when you gossip?" I ask, "Before you judge other people take a good look at yourself first" she picks up her bag with a scowl on her face, "I can't stay where I'm being insulted!"

"Close the door on your way out" she huffs and almost pushes my mom on her way out "Why was she looking--"

"Oh, she had an emergency" I lie.

I looked around the crowded living room searching for a familiar pair of grey eyes, he promised to come to Isabelle's birthday, I sigh when I don't see him.

On my way to the bathroom I feel myself being slammed into the wall then a pair of soft lips crash onto mine, since my mark doesn't burn angrily I'm guessing it's those pair of grey eyes I was searching for, I kiss him back without realizing it "I've been dying to try that since last night" he says as he stares into my eyes.

"Well, you didn't have to slam me on the wall" I roll my eyes, he grins, then presses his lips onto mine once more and kisses me slower, this time more passionately.

━━━━━━━༺༻━━━━━━━

Thanks for reading!

Have a nice day/Night.

Edited by: parkjungkook_90