Why the fuck-

"Taehyung, please explain to me why we are at a movie theater at 9 p.m. in the middle of the week? We both have work tomorrow! Couldn't we have done this another day?!". I exasperatedly yell at him. he walks up to me and places his hands on my shoulders. He looks me in the eye with a straight face.

Is he about to tell me some bad news?

"Y/N, how can we ever miss out on a five-dollar movie Tuesday?" I burst out in laughter.

He's eager to see a cheap movie when he just received a settlement check? What an odd one.

"I'm serious Y/N," He says. He frowns and drops his hands to his sides.

"Yeah, I know. That's what's so funny." I muster, still trying to catch my breath. "You know you've received a settlement check, right?"

"Just because I have a bit of money now, doesn't mean I can't enjoy cheap things. I'll never stray from my roots." He smiles at me. I reach to ruffle his hair and smile once I do.

"I'm glad you don't change Tae." I walk ahead of him towards the building.

"Wait up!" He yells and lightly jogs to catch up with me.

We enter the theatre that is decked out in a red theme. Red ropes, red carpet, red and white walls, and even a red logo for the theater. We wait in line for a bit and step up to the register when it is our turn to go.

"Welcome, what would you like to see today?" The register boy asks. Taehyung turns to me.

"Have you seen the first Jumanji?" He questions.

"The one with The Rock?" I ask. He nods. "Yes."

"How about the second one?"

"There's a second one?" He raises a brow at me.

"You need to get out more." He turns to the cashier again. "Two tickets for the second Jumanji please."

"That'll be ten dollars." The cashier announces. I go to pull out my hand but Taehyung stops me.

"I'll pay." He says.

"No, really I-"

"Y/N, I got it." I smile at him.

"Thanks, Tae."

"It's the least I can do." Taehyung hands a card to the cashier and pays for our tickets.

"But, I'm paying for the food."

"Nope, I'm paying for the whole day."

"You always have to be so difficult. I'm paying for our next outing. I won't take no for an answer." I point at him. The cashier hands him two tickets and Taehyung passes me one.

"Fine, Fine." We walk farther into the movie theater and wait in line for food. "Ooh, do you think they have churros?" His eyes light up.

Once a kid, always a kid.

"I don't know, I don't come here often. I'm probably going to get caramel and chocolate popcorn." We finally reach the front of the line.

"Do you guys sell churros?" Taehyung asks the woman at the register.

"Yes, we do. Would you like the full size or minis?" She asks.

"I'll take two full-sized churros and a large cherry Slurpee. Y/N?" He turns to me.

"I'll have caramel and chocolate popcorn with a coke please," I tell the cashier. Taehyung pays again and we collect our items. All of a sudden, Taehyung takes my popcorn out of my hand and tucks it under his other arm. He grabs my hand and starts running. "What are you doing?" I ask while we're running.