"But I-"

"Son, what's going on down here." We turn around and it's Taehyung's father. He has just come down the stairs and is wobbling towards us at the door.

"It's nothing bad, just a backstabbing egg donor who up and left without a trace." Taehyung turns and he has this maniacal smile on his face.

"Son, what the hell are you-" His father finally reaches the door and locks eyes with Mrs.Kim. "Serim, it's you." He says breathlessly.

"Dad, can you tell her to leave our house?" Taehyung requests, shaking his legs slightly.

Should I leave or be here for Taehyung?

"Taehyung, that would be rude. She came all the way here." His dad states calmly.

"Dad, how in the hell are you ok with this? Don't answer because I'm not letting her step foot in my house again." Taehyung fumes and reaches to close the door. His father sticks out his cane to stop the door from closing.

I remember the first time I entered this house for an investigation, he slammed a picture of him and his mom down. I sensed something was off, I didn't think it was to this extent. He's usually so carefree....what happened between them?

"Taehyung, last time I checked this was my house, not yours." His father responds. He opens the door again. "Serim, please come in."

"Thank you, Sungho." She bows and walks into the house. Taehyung storms into the living room. I run after him.

What to do....

"Tae, calm down okay," I say walking over to him fuming on the couch.

"Y/N, I can't do it!" He raises his voice a bit. He then looks at the floor. "How can I be calm when the very person who ruined my life is sitting right in my kitchen at my kitchen table?" He says quietly. I go to sit next to him.

I've never seen him so....distressed.

"You know, she left the day after my six birthday." He laughs, "We were happy, they took Seojoon, Jungkook, and I to the carnival. It was so fun getting on all the rides. Not to mention both of my parents looked so happy." He sighs and kicks the carpet. "Then the next day she just ups and disappears. How could you do that as a mother?" He says in disgust. "How could you leave your son, just after his birthday, come back all these years later with this I miss your bullshit?" He angrily grabs his hair.

That's so harsh of her. Regardless, there must be a reason why she showed her face today after all she's done.

"Taehyung, I think you should talk to her then." My eyes go wide as soon as these words leave my mouth. Taehyung looks up at me.

"Why should I?"

"She's your mother." He flinches when I say this.

"She lost that title when she abandoned me." He hisses. "She never cared for me if she left without looking back. Her life must be so great, why come back?

"I don't know Taehyung, why don't you go and ask her?" I say quietly. He sighs, takes in a deep breath, and rubs his eyes.

"Fine, I'll go, but only because that will get her out of my house quicker, okay?" He looks up at me, the mouth is in a hard line.

"Whatever reason makes you get up and go talk to her is fine with me," I say, with a smile. Taehyung continues to stare at me. I can see his face calming and going back to its normal state. "Come on let's go." I stand up and reach my hand out. He grabs my hand and I pull him off the couch. "If it makes you feel better I'll be there the whole time." I continue to hold his hand.