Chapter twenty fivee

"Where to next?" Uraraka asks as we exit the arcade into colder growing weather. It's almost dark now, street lights are starting to turn on and some stores are beginning to close. "I think. . ." Uraraka laughs, "Deku, you need to get new shoes." I look down at my not-so-white-white shoes. "I can just wash them." I smile sheepishly as I put my hand on the back of my neck. "I think we should go shoe shopping. Besides I need to get some new shoes myself." Tsuyu says in a small voice. I look over at Bakugou, his hands are in his jacket pockets. "You want to go get some new shoes too, Kacchan?" "I guess." I smile widely.

                                                                                        ~~~

It's kind of mind boggling that they're stores specifically shoes. "Don't you think it's weird?" I mumble. Kacchan looks over at me. "What's weird?" "Shoe stores. They're strange don't you think?" Uraraka and Tsuyu are in front of us, holding hands and laughing at each others jokes. They seem so happy together. "Um, no?" His raspy voice is enhanced due to the colder weather. "Oh. I just think it's strange." He knits his brows, "Why?" "I'm not too sure myself." I laugh. "Oh, there's the store." He turns his head towards the store. "Seems like it, nerd."

All kinds of shoes, boots, tennis shoes, flip flops even. In many different colors. I wall down the aisle of boots. "Uraraka. You should get these." I hand her a pair of black boots with what looks like fur on the inside. "Oh those are really cute. I might just have to have them actually." She giggles. I smile and continue to look through the aisles. I need tennis shoes probably. I walk over to said type of shoes, red ones. . . Clunky red shoes. They kind of remind me of. . . I pick up the shoes that are in my size and take them to the cashier. "Um, can-can I check these out please?" The lady smiles at me, "Of course, sweetie."

"Which shoes are you getting Kacchan?" I lean over towards him. "Not sure." He picks up a black shoe that looks almost exactly the same as his he's currently wearing. "I like these." I giggle, "Aren't those the exact pair you have on now?" He looks down at his feet. "I. . . yeah." I laugh. "I think I'll just keep the one's I have." I frown, "No, you should get some new ones." "I'm good." He stands up from the squatting position he was in, I stand up taller as well and put my hands behind my back. "Kacchan." "What?" He says through his teeth. "I couldn't sleep last night. . ." He doesn't respond right away. "And?" "Well. . ." I turn my florid face away from him. "I think since I've been sleeping with you so often, I can't s-sleep without y-you anymore. ." I laugh nervously. "I can't sleep well either. . ." He trails off. "I had a nightmare." He says under his breath. "You did? What happened?" "You. . . Um, you died. In a car accident. And I only figured out because it was on the news. And your body. . ." His voice cracks. He clears his throat. "But I did manage to fall asleep." "Oh. . . I don't know what to say about that." I laugh. We walk around the store, following Tsuyu and Uraraka around until they decide to leave.

"Dinner!" Uraraka shouts. Dinner it is.

                                                                                             ~~~

"Western food is so greasy." I say as I take a big bite of my cheeseburger. I chew, then swallow it. "Not that it's a terrible thing." Kacchan dips his fries into ketchup he put on a piece of parchment paper used to wrap up his burger. "I hate ketchup." He states. I furrow my brows in amused confusion, "Then why are you eating it?" I laugh. "Cause that's what you're supposed to do." "Why not just use a different dipping sauce?" I tilt my head to the side. "Ketchup is great." Uraraka says as she pops a fry with ketchup in her mouth. Kacchan glares at her. "Because." He answers my question. I probably shouldn't push any further, he seems mad enough. "So," Uraraka draws out the word. "How have you guys been?" She raises her eyebrows teasingly. "Good. . .?" I say, confused. She smirks. Kacchan glares at my best friend once again, harsher than before. Uraraka clears her throat, "Have you done it?" "Eh?" My face turns ghost pale, then just as quickly a florescent red. I cover my mouth with my hands, "W-what do you mean?" I ask quietly. "Y'know what I mean." A catch a glimpse of mischief in her eye. "I- I don't." "No, we haven't." Kacchan growls. "Oh?" I put my head down in my arms, covering my face. "You're mean. . ." I grumble. Uraraka giggles, "Maybe." "Have you guys-" "It's none of your business." Kacchan states angrily. "Well-" "Well nothing." He says through his teeth. They glare at each other coldly, the awkward tension grows. "Um, well, I'm done so. . . I'm going to go sit outside."

I get up from my chair and walk outside. It's cold. I put my hands in my pockets. "They're pretty competitive, huh?" Tsuyu says quietly. I look over my shoulder, "Yeah." I chuckle. "I'm sure they'll be done in a minute. Um, should we go anywhere else?" "Well," I check my phone. "It's already eleven. I'm ready to go home I think." "Sounds good to me, I'm pretty tired." "Have a rough day?" I ask, furrowing my brows. "Yeah, I had to get up really early to work. It's terrible." "That sucks. If you were too tired you should've just stayed home." She laughs softly, "I couldn't say no to Uraraka. She's too precious." I smile, "I'm glad you guys found each other." "Me too."

                                                                                            ~~~

"Kacchan." He looks over at my from his bed. "Yeah?" "Well um, remember how I told you I can't sleep very well without you?" He pauses, "Yeah?" "Well, I was thinking, i-if it's okay with you, can I sleep with you tonight?" I say in a small voice. "Y-yeah, whatever." He turns his face away. I smile. "Um, I'm going to go. . . to the bathroom." He nods his head.

I rub face wash on my face, causing it to bubble up. I continue washing my face, rubbing in circles. I wonder if Kacchan had fun today. I rinse my face with warm water and dry it off with a hand towel. I got water on my shirt. . . I walk out into the main room and  sit next to Kacchan, "Did you have fun today?" "Sure." I laugh nervously, "That doesn't sound too convincing." "Pink cheeks pissed me off." "Oh. . . yeah. Sorry about that." I laugh. "It's not you're fault, stupid Deku. I lay next to him. "You're shirts wet." Kacchan says. "Well, yeah. . ." "Take it off." "E-eh?" "Take it off. It's wet." My eyes widen. I slowly take my shirt off, pulling it over my head. My heart starts beating faster. "U-um." "You are kind of ripped." He traces his fingers over my arm muscles down to my hand. "How'd you get that scar?" He asks. "Oh," I look down at my arm, "Training accident." I laugh sheepishly. He nods his head. He places his hand on my chest. "You're hearts beating fast, Deku." As he says that it speeds up, not helping my case. "Y-yeah." I shift my focus to the wrinkles in my sweat pants. "Well goodnight." He turns over and pulls the blanket over himself. "H-hey! You can't just do that. . ." "I can't?" He turns his head over his shoulder and then slowly starts to sit back up. I lean over towards him, putting my hands in front of me for balance. Our faces are merely inches away, "Can I?" He asks in a deep tone. I nod my head.

He kisses my lips gently. Making my feel warm inside, physically. Which is strange. He kisses my cheek, then on my neck. "Ah!" I cover my mouth. "S-sorry." I say, extremely embarrassed. "No. . . it's. . it's okay." He kisses my collar bone. "Hey, Deku." He looks up to me, "Why'd you buy red shoes?" His eyes focus on mine, in an intimidating way. "Um. . . Well, they reminded me of. . . someone." I say in a breathy voice. "Who?" He licks my necks. "Ah! ah. . . y-you. You're eyes. They're the same shade as your eyes." He smirks, "Well. . . that's awfully sweet of you, Deku."