chapter thirsty two

"Well. . ."

My eyes are getting teary for some reason. I don't know what to say. I want to be with him, I want to be his. But is that really what should happen?

"Kacchan. . . I love you too." The tears are overflowing at this point. I never thought this would happen, am I overwhelmed? Is that why I'm crying? He's teary eyed as well. "Ah, no. Don't cry!" I wipe his eyes with the sleeve of my shirt. "I'm just. . . Happy or whatever." His voice breaks. "L-listen, Kacchan. I haven't been in a relationship in a long time, and last time it kind of. . . messed me up. I don't know if I'm ready." He looks up at me, but not with the face I was expecting. He slips the ring on my finger, "Then promise me that one day you'll be mine. It doesn't have to be today, or tomorrow. Next year even. I just. . . want you to be mine, eventually." I start crying even harder and wrap my arms around him, nodding my head quickly. With my non-verbal response, he hugs back tightly.

After crying for awhile, I break the hug, remembering that he has a ring too. "Where is yours?" I ask quietly, so that my voice doesn't break. "Right here." He hands me the ring shakily. "Why are you shaking, Kacchan?" I ask, concerned. "I was worried you would say no." I laugh at his response, "Well I obviously like you silly, I wouldn't reject you completely." He smiles halfway, "Yeah it was kind of stupid." I take the ring gently from his hand and place it on his finger. "There! We match." I smile. "We sure do, dumb ass."

So short chapter, I know. I'm terribly sorry but once again I have writer's block. I hope this is enough to keep you ravaging beasts contained for the meantime.