INFINITY

[A/N: vote and comment please :)]

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

I stayed in the hotel room, alone, for a few hours. I wasn't expecting for any of the boys to come after me.

When my phone dinged, it filled me with dread.

It was Niall. He texted me, saying that we all had to talk about something important.

I got a sinking feeling deep in the pit of my stomach.

As I walked down the hallway, my mind was swimming with possibilities. But when I walked into the room, I realized I knew exactly what they were going to tell me.

Oh, I knew.

I sat down cross legged on the bed. I looked between the four of them.

They looked tired, and sad, and done.

I knew what they were going to say.

"You can say it," I said, quietly.

There was a long pause, while one of the boys tried to work up the courage to say what they needed to say. My lips barely trembled while I looked between them.

"We're going to start the hiatus in December," Harry said. I looked at him with wide eyes, for just a moment, before I nodded. My gaze fell into my lap and I took a deep breath.

"It's okay," I choked out, "don't- don't worry about me."

"We're not all going to leave like Zayn," Liam said, "we won't just cut you off and pretend you don't exist. I mean that." When I looked up at Liam again, tears dropped freely onto my cheeks. "Don't cry, it's alright, peaches," he said. I crawled to him and hugged him from behind, pressing my forehead between his shoulder blades.

"It's okay," I repeated.

But it wasn't okay.

It wasn't okay because Zayn had only left two weeks ago, and now the band was going to break up. It wasn't okay, because in only eight months, I was going to lose them.

The biggest fear I had was just confirmed. My family was breaking apart. It wouldn't be the same when we all moved. I knew that, and they knew it too.

"When we get back from tour in a few months, um, we're all going to start looking for our own places," Niall explained. I pressed my face further into Liam. A few months? That's all I had left?

"Come 'ere," Harry mumbled, grabbing at my arm. I let him pull me away from Liam and drag me between the two of them. I buried my face into his shirt and tried not to break down.

I wasn't sure if I could pull myself back together.

Niall and Louis stood up off of the couch and climbed onto the bed. Louis laid down to wrap his arms around my waist and Niall put a heavy hand on my shoulder. Liam dropped his head down into my lap. Harry pet my hair and planted a kiss on the top of my head.

"I'm okay," I repeated again.

"No you're not," Niall whispered, "we've got you, it's alright, Mick." The use of my nickname was all it took. I gasped for air and then all of a sudden, I was sobbing.

"Don't go!" I begged pathetically.

I felt, maybe for the first time in my life, like a little kid.

I fisted Harry's shirt. It was too much. The realization that they were actually leaving, and that I couldn't do anything about it? It hurt more than anything I had ever been through.