EXTENDED SUMMARY

• CRASHING INTO YOU •

"One day, the fight is gonna be worth it

"One day, the fight is gonna be worth it. Or at least, that's what I keep telling myself. One day."

•••

Mickey was no stranger to hardships. After spending nearly sixteen years in the American Foster Care System, there wasn't much that she hadn't been though; that she hadn't survived. At the end of the day, if Mickey was anything, she was a survivor. Against all odds, she was breathing. It was a victory in it of itself.

After an accident rips away the one light in Mickey's darkness, she's introduced to five teenage boys. By a stroke of luck, or fate if you believe in that, Niall and Mickey find each other. Niall signs the guardianship papers, and just like that? Mickey's got a whole new family.

Of course, having a family only works if you trust them, which Mickey is hesitant to do. Five rowdy teenage boys and one skiddish, shy teenage girl. What could possibly go wrong?

This story follows Mickey and the boys for two years. Mickey struggles and prevails over and over again: in becoming a successful artist, in letting the boys love her, in trusting herself. In these two years, Mickey learns two things.

1.) there is no life worth living without loving and being loved in return.

&

2.) if you don't get things off of your chest, you'll never be able to breathe.

•••

- AUTHORS RAMBLINGS -

disclaimer: i don't personally know any of the boys in one direction. their personalities in my story, which is a work of fiction, is based solely on my impression of them and that may have no correlation to your impression of them. i don't own one direction or any other real people. mickey, and other original characters, are my own creation.

and, for the sake of the plot, all five of the boys are 18 in the beginning of the story. it will make sense later, i promise :)

and also. eventually, the first 10 chapters will undergo some editing. they're definitely readable, don't worry, but i'm a better writer now than i was a few years ago when i started this story.

•••

this fic includes heavy subjects. such as, but not exclusive to: physical, emotional, and sexual abuse. blaming of self for the death of a loved one. blaming of self for trauma. victim blaming. abandonment. disordered eating. post traumatic stress and panic attacks. at some points, graphic descriptions of injuries.

what i'm trying to say is please take care of yourselves. if you know reading about disordered eating is going to trigger your eating disorder, please don't read. if you know that mentions of sexual and physical abuse are going to give you an anxiety attack, please don't read. the safety and heath of the readers of all of my works will always be my top priority, over votes or comments or anything like that.

•••

now, with that being said, feel free to vote and comment :) i like getting attention and praise.

•••

please enjoy the fic that took me two years to write!

EDIT: hello all of you beautiful people! heads up that this story is about to be undergoing some minor editing. chapters will be added throughout. i will be sure to include here which chapters i have added for past readers who would like to go check out the new chapter.

if you are reading this edit consider yourself special because as soon as i'm done editing this is getting taken down. the edited chapters are the ones without numbers i might renumber them after but I'm adding like 5

they are called what a feeling, little black dress, diana... all between chapters one and 32!

another added chapter has been added it has Donte in it so it's about halfway through the book, it's called Hideaway.

i ran out of one direction songs for chapter titles so im at my last resorts lmao

ONE MORE ADDED CHAPTER ITS CALLED EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU kinda in the middle of the end lol i need to renumber the chapters for real

yall need to run the comments up and vote too fr I would love to see this have like 10k votes and 10k comments that would be insane