Amber didn't exactly know what to say, so she stared at her hands in silence. How was Eva so kind? Amber had put her life through a living hell, yet she didn't hate her.

"You've been here for nine years," Amber whispered. She looked up to find Eva staring at her.

"Yes I have," she gently confirmed.

"How? I haven't been here for a year, but I practically want to die!" Amber exclaimed.

Eva sighed softly. "Here, Amber," she said as she handed the cup she held to Amber. "Drink this."

Amber could already sense the blood which sat in the cup. She didn't know whose it was, and she didn't get where they always had these random cups of blood. But it just smelt amazing.

Without questioning, Amber took it and placed the straw between her lips. She smiled as the rich liquid flooded her mouth. She grew extremely disappointed when Eva tugged the cup away.

"Luna said to let you drink little at a time," Eva said to explain her action.

"Where is Luna?"

"She's out with Samuel somewhere," Eva said as she set the cup on the bedside table.

There was a long moment of silence, and Amber's mind was crowded with everything that had occurred. She had learned so much from Luna, but could she be certain it was all true? She looked to Eva, who sat with her hands folded on her lap. Her emerald eyes were laying on one of the windows and her bright hair was curled and ran down her small back. What Luna had said had to be true, because Eva had known what Amber had been told.

Her thoughts were pulled away when Eva shivered. The girl's cheeks turned a light pink as she made eye contact with Amber. Amber was probably freaking her out by the way she was staring at her, which she hadn't realized she was doing until Eva let out a soft laugh.

She watched the girl follow the laugh by rubbing her bare arms. "It's a bit chilly in here with that window broken."

Amber scooted over in the bed and patted the free room she had just made to invite Eva to join her under the covers. The girl smiled softly and crawled under them with Amber. The two sat in her bed and Amber felt bad for not realizing how cold she must have been.

"Hailey called," Eva said quietly once comfortable.

"What? When?" Amber knew Hailey would be upset and worried, but never thought she would call.

"The other day. She called asking for you, and we got lucky that I'm the one who picked up the phone," Eva said before chuckling.

Amber would have chuckled along with her at their luck, but something she said confused her. "Wait...when exactly did she call?"

"Yesterday, but you were still knocked out cold, so I couldn't give you the phone to talk to her yourself. She was worried sick, but I explained to her everything that had happened." Eva then made a face. "Although that didn't help much..."

Amber blinked. She had ran away Monday, and had gotten caught Tuesday. "What is today, Eva?" She slowly asked, confused as hell.

"Today? Today is Thursday."

Amber gaped at her friend. "Thursday?!" She re-counted the days in her head to see if she had been mistaken about when she had left and returned.

"Oh...I forgot to mention you've been out for a day and a half," Eva said with a worried and fearful looking expression.

Amber would have wondered what Eva was making that face for, but she was too shocked. She had passed out almost two days ago and was just now awake?! "What...why?"

"Luna drank too much from you," Eva told her. "She almost killed you, Amber."

Amber remembered how Luna wouldn't stop drinking. How she just continued to suck her blood out of her. She recalled how the bite hadn't been like the other experiences. She had felt horribly weak and drained. She always felt that way when she was fed from, but never to the extreme like the other day.