No one else really likes me, well, except for Jimmy's mum Aunty Debbie. She's nice to me. She even gave me her ring.

The mouse stays frozen, and I frown "Don't be shy. Go on. Run away."

I wish I could run away.

When the mouse still stays put, I huff, because this isn't going how I planned at all.

If it's so scared, why is it just standing there? It can easily climb out of the container and get away now the lid is gone, so why is staying?

It needs to get away.

As much as I don't want to, because I don't want to make it more afraid of me, I know it's for the best; so I pinch the edge of the container and tip it over.

I flinch when the mouse tumbles out and I want to say sorry but I know it's useless.

As soon as it hits the ground, this time it does move. It jumps and scampers away so fast I would have missed it if I blinked.

Part of me is kinda sad that it's gone, but when I pick up the container and lid; before cradling it under my arm so I can dust off my pants; I feel a bit better.

"I helped," I smile to myself, "He can't hurt it now."

I like when I can help, instead of always ruining everything like my father says. I'm trying to be good.

I'm still bad though.

I guess I'm still a caterpillar.

"Bye mouse," I sing out, before I shut the shed door and glance around again to double check no one saw me.

When I make it back to my house and sneak through the back door, I quickly check the time in the kitchen to see how long I'd been gone and how much time I have before he gets home.

I make my way up the stairs, and when I reach my bedroom, opening the door; the voice that booms from it makes me jump and drop the container I was holding.

"There you are! Where the hell have ya been?"

Jimmy is laying on my bed, with his back rested against my bed head and one of the books about butterflies that I may have stolen from the library; open and perched between his hands.

"You scared me you jerk," I snap at him, frowning while I bend down to pick up the container and angry at myself that I got so scared.

"Yeah I can see that, surprised ya didn't go through the roof with how high you jumped," he laughs to himself, and flicks through a couple of pages of the book, "So where'd you sneak off to?"

I close my bedroom door, and sit the plastic container on my desk, "Nowhere important."

"Got a secret girlfriend or somethin?" he grins, dropping the book in his lap and lifting his brows, "Holding hands yet?"

I screw my face up, "No. That's gross."

Why would I hold someone's hand?

Jimmy scoffs, pushing himself up to sit and messes his fingers through his shaggy hair, "Trust me, you won't think it's gross for much longer. You'll wanna kiss em' too."

Ew.

Then he pauses with a thoughtful look while he adjusts his black hoodie, and shrugs, "Well, maybe not just girls, it could be boys too - whoever you want is fine. I prefer boys."

That makes me freeze, because all I can think of is my father and uncle David.

"I don't wanna like anyone," I tell him.