Chapter 18

Krist doesn't know what to do. He really doesn't want to follow Tay's orders but he wasn't given a choice. According to the campaign, Singto agreed to ten candidates and Tay will not let Singto off the hook. Anna was number six so there's still four more to go.

This would be a lot easier if Krist hadn't caught feelings for Singto. He would even go as far as admitting to being an asshole that enjoyed hearing about Singto's miserable dates. Seeing the calm and perfect Charming Singto all ruffled up and irritated was the best. But damn it. This has got to be some crazy karma.

Krist opens his emails to 173 unread messages from only one day, over eighty percent of these emails are candidates for Singto's Soul Search. Where do people get all this confidence, Krist asks himself. But truth be told, most of the applying candidates are quite attractive. That's probably why they're confident enough to apply.

Not that Singto is the shallow type that chooses someone just for their looks of course. Krist looks across the hall to where Singto is sitting in front of his own monitor with a serious and sexy look on his face. At this moment Krist doesn't even mind the lack of privacy that their glass partitioned offices offered.

Then all of a sudden, Singto looks up from his monitor to reach for a file. Krist immediately looks away with his heart pounding. He almost got caught staring.

Krist quickly went back to his emails. He seriously doesn't want to go through with this campaign. The way Krist sees it, it's a lose-lose situation. No matter what he does it's going to suck for him. If he intentionally picks bad candidates, Singto will hate him. If he picks good candidates, then Singto might fall in love with one of them. And either way, Singto will never even remotely notice Krist's feelings if he continues to pick candidates for him. Ugh.

He can't confess to Singto either. It's too risky. As confident as Krist appears, it's mostly a front. Being young, alone, and independent in the city can be scary and brutal. So you have to be smart and confident, or at least make others believe you are. Otherwise, you could be eaten alive. Like people say, "fake it till you make it." Krist applies this to love too. He doesn't like being vulnerable and sappy. And right now, even though he's positive that he has fallen for Singto, he's not confident enough to say that Singto feels the same.

So what should he do? He clicked open email after email of potential candidates. After going through a third of them, he decides that he simply can't allow the possibility of Singto falling in love with anyone he chose. It would be like shooting himself in the foot and he also didn't want to be responsible for actually choosing any weirdos. He really doesn't want Singto to hate him. So he passed the ball to Fiat and let fate take over. After all, the show must go on.

~~~~~~

Candidate #7
Name: Victoria
Age: 25
Occupation: Antique Seller/Appraiser

Singto takes in the appearance of the quaint little antique shop in front of him. Fiat told him that he had personally picked this candidate for him, and he promised this person is very cultured. At this point, Singto really has no expectations. All he wants to do is get it over with. Four dates can't be that difficult, Singto told himself. Tay wasn't taking no for an answer anyway. But what surprised Singto was that Krist had actually let Fiat do the picking on his own.

See, this proves that his cousin Kat's theory is wrong after all. Kat said Krist picked those horrible dates for him to ensure that he wouldn't fall in love with anyone else but now he doesn't even bother to pick them. So, Kat must be wrong. Singto sighs.

Shaking his pointless thoughts away, Singto proceeds to enter the antique shop. Upon opening the door, a bell chime above to let the people inside know there's a visitor. The shop is filled to the brim with all sorts of things. There's a beautiful giant crystal chandelier hanging whether low for the ceiling of the shop with a price tag of ฿90,000. Sitting right beneath that crystal chandelier is a big empty stone fountain with a carved face in the center.