Chapter 4

***Please check to see if you have seen the last update. Did you see Charming Singto?
~~~~~~

Krist is excited for his new opportunity to host Wake Up, Bangkok! This is just a trial period, but even so the pay is more than double. And although the show starts at an ungodly hour, it's still preferable to his night owl life. Sure, he naturally stays up late anyway, but when it's an everyday routine, it gets hard. He can't have a normal nightlife because of it too. He can't go partying with his friends because of his work. He can't even enjoy more than a glass of wine during dinner because it's prohibited to go to work with any amount of alcohol in his system. And thank God they don't really check. The only thing good about it is that it's a great excuse to not let his dates stay overnight, or vice versa.

Another thing is, this has always been what he has wanted. He has always wanted to be a DJ host. Sure, he's a DJ host for the past three years too. But there weren't that many listeners. It's like a singer at a bar versus a singer at their own concert. This is his chance to really show everyone what he's got.

However, there's one drawback. Krist is not too thrilled about having a co-host. Krist is used to flying solo. He is used to just winging it when he feels like it. But you can't do that with a co-host. When you have a co-host, you have to coordinate with the other person. You have to compromise. And the worst part is, you have to be on time. Always. And from what he has heard about his new co-host, he is a perfectionist. Charming Singto, everyone calls him. Their station's star and pride. Rumor has it that Singto is the one keeping the morning show alive.

Krist hasn't officially met the man before, but he has seen him in the passing. His posters along with his former co-host Pat are plastered all over the station. It's hard to miss. Singto is a good looking man with a very nice voice indeed. He has heard the morning show before by coincidence, and he has to admit that the man has a knack for the biz with his quick wit. Singto's voice is also soft and smooth like butter. That's one of the key things to being on the radio. You can't be in this showbiz if you sound like a squeaking mouse or a choking crow.

Now, Krist is not intimidated by any means. He has his own style, and he knows his listeners love him. However, he is a little nervous about having a new set of listeners. People in the morning are looking for a different type of energy than those who are unwinding in the evening. Krist hopes a few cups of good old strong coffee will give him the boost he needs.

At first, Krist was told by their Director Tay that he would start by the end of the month. However, he got a call two nights ago right before his show that he needs to be on the morning show today. So, he said goodbye to his late night listeners, and hoped that they would tune in to him in the morning instead. Many were sad to hear him leave, especially Alexa who says she will be losing her sleep. However, Krist has suggested that she set her alarm to wake up to his morning show. That way his voice can give her a boost of sexy energy to start her day. Only at this, Alexa was finally appeased.

Krist chugs the rest of his coffee. It's barely six, and he has to head to the station. Singto had sent him a greetings email, and suggested that they meet thirty minutes before today's show since they had no time to prep. Singto suggested a few topics for today's show, and offered to lead for the day until he is comfortable. Singto sounds very nice in the email. No wonder people call him Charming Singto. But what really caught Krist's attention, or the lack of it were the list of topics.

The topics Singto listed were quite sleepy. Actually, Krist could have used some of these topics to put his late night listeners to sleep. How can these topics be used for the morning show? Do people actually want to talk about why their pets are special, dumb criminals, and what they would do if they won this week's lottery? Fine, Krist can see how dumb criminals might be funny. And fine, he wouldn't mind daydreaming about what he would do with lucky cash, but are those really good topics? Krist, can now see why Tay thinks he can help the show. He needs to spice things up.