Chapter 7

***Please check to see if you have read the last update. Nothing on Wattpad is working. 😡
~~~~~~

Krist is determined to start over with today's show. After yesterday's impromptu meeting with Tay, Krist went back to see Singto's email in its entirety. To say he was ashamed of himself would be an understatement. Singto had basically planned the topics to align perfectly to the appropriate time slots. If only he would have listened to Singto explain everything before the show, then they could have avoided the whole debacle. And he could have still suggested some topic swaps after eight thirty, but he didn't listen. So, it really was his fault that they're in hot waters.

Krist also realizes that he was being a bit of a jerk towards Singto. This was all because he was a bit too eager to prove that he's just as good as Singto if not better. During their lunch meeting, Krist was so sure that Singto was going to blame him for all of it, and rub it in his face that he knew nothing about morning radio and all its politics. But instead, Singto just laid out the morning show guidelines for him, and said they should just focus on the next show. They exchanged some ideas, and settled on a few that they both agreed on.

Krist would be lying if he said he didn't think Singto is too conservative. The man said no more than he had fingers to count them on. One topic he particularly likes is lube alternatives. Why is it bad to talk about lube alternatives? Why? Isn't it good to share and educate their audience? Just watch, Krist will work this topic into today's show eventually. He thinks it's a great topic, and Singto will be impressed with the reactions they'll get.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Caller 11: Good morning guys. I'm June. I loved yesterday's show by the way. It was so much fun, but I'm glad I had headphones on though.

Krist and Singto exchanged a little nervous look. It was already the fourth time a caller mentioned yesterday's disastrous show.

"Thanks. So June, tell us about your cheap date?" Krist quickly tries to steer the caller back to their topic.

Caller 11: Well, I was on a casual coffee date with this guy I connected with on a dating app. He was very nice and all, but by the end of the date, he did something really strange. He opened his bag, and poured all the extra sugar packets from our table into it. I asked him what he was doing, and he said he ran out of sugar at home, and he has no time to pick up some from the store. I thought it was kind of odd, but I didn't think much of it. On our fourth date, he invited me over to his house for a home cooked meal. I arrived a little earlier than he expected, so I offered to help him cook. He asked me to pass him three packets of sugar. I was so confused at first. Then he pulled open a drawer to get them himself. The drawer was filled with packets of to-go condiments like sugar, salt, pepper, ketchup, mustard, and whatnot. It was insane how much he had in there. He must be stocking up every chance he gets.

"Wow...that is pretty cheap, but also very smart. I don't think I would ever have thought of keeping so much condiments around in the first place. I only take what I need." Singto chuckles.

"Well, at least he's not wasting since he cooks with them. But can you imagine if you need a whole cup of sugar? Hahaha. Thanks for calling." Krist laughs.

Singto swears Krist's eyes were sparkling when the clock reached eight thirty. He looked like a child given their favorite candy. The next topic is Krist's, and he can tell Krist is very excited about it.

"In the modern ages of internet and instant gratification where we can get immediate answers to all questions, people are much less patient these days. Even speed dating is now too slow. We have dating apps now. So, do you think sex on the first date is still a taboo?" Krist asks and looks at Singto who only nods his approval.