Chapter 1

I lay in bed staring at the ceiling of my parents old suburban home in London. The windows shine in the little flickers of light from the street lamps. I turn over to check the time. 2 Am. I sigh as I turn back over and fiddle with my blankets. Today was the day we go back to Hogwarts. Each summer we come home to spend time with our family's but since I've got younger siblings the limelight left me long ago. They were still proud of me of course considering
both of them are from Magic descent they tend to focus more on the others. I'm ok with that though I've been studying all summer. I want to be Gryffindors Prefect this year. Oh that's right I didn't tell you. The day I started Hogwarts I was chosen to be in Gryffindor. I belong there I feel with my friends. Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger. They are my biggest supporters but lately Harry has had his own issues. Their has been some behind the scenes things going on in the school and Ministry. I know most of it but I try not to think about it. You know who shall not be named is involved and if I'm being completely honest I'm terrified. This year though I tend to focus on my studies and friendships. I vow to make this year a good one. It felts like I've been laying in bed forever waiting for the sun to rise but when It finally did I was the first one up. "Wake up everybody Get up " I yelled throughout the sleepy halls of my house Slowly the commotion started and I smiled to myself. "Are you guys ready for your first year at Hogwarts" I asked my two youngest siblings. They aren't twins but One finally got a acceptance letter this year rather then last since she was behind in grade school. They nod and stuff their faces as usual while I scruff their hair. "I'm going to get ready mum and my stuffs already packed" I spit out as I run up the stairs. I can hear her laugh while I go into my room. I push open my curtains to let the sunlight shine in. But to my surprise there wasn't any. The clouds covered the sky and it seemed as if it would rain. Strange I thought to myself but shook it off and went about getting ready and my things downstairs. The train leaves at exactly 11:00 AM and I'm not going to miss it. I quickly run downstairs with my luggage and out the door to put them in the car. I even help my brother and sister put their things in the car. "Mum you ready to go ?" I shout inside the door. I know you probably think I'm to eager to go but Hogwarts is my home away from home. I belonged there. Plus it's been quite boring around here when you can't do magic. "I'm coming I'm coming hold your horses" my mum says as she scrambled with her bag keys and the kids. I sit in the front seat wishing my dad was here to see me off. He's off at work a few hours away so I have to send him a letter. We finally get to the train station right before 11 at platform 9 3/4. Its quite weird yes running through a brick wall to get to another train but is anything normal in the wizard world? I think not. I grab my trolley and hug my mum goodbye just before running right into the wall. My siblings follow suit and run behind me. When I get there I remember which train car my friends wanted me to meet them in. I smile and hand my luggage off and get in. Row 2. Row 3. Row 4. Ah Row 5. I open the door and I'm greeted by three people hugging me. I was overwhelmed with excitement when I saw them. "Hi guys boy have I missed you" I say sitting down next to Harry. We get to small talk when I see someone in a black suit walk by but it was only just a glance. "Who was that?" I asked curious. "Malfoy" Hermione said in a disgusted tone. I snicker a little and sit back. A little backstory on me and the infamous Draco Malfoy. My first year at Hogwarts he was the first person to talk to me. We became friends even. I began to like him since we got to be good friends. That is until I was put into Gryffindor which he was put into Slytherin. He didn't seem to mind much until I became friends with Harry and over the course of the next few years he became distant and mean towards me. Picking on me pulling pranks anything he could do to get my attention away from Harry Potter the boy that he who should not be named couldn't kill. I become not fond of him after all the things he's done. I snap out of it when the train stops in front of the pathway to the forest that leads to Hogwarts. I excitedly get off and into the buggies that drive us there. "So what are you going to study this year" Hermione asks me. "I'm thinking spells and potions what about you?" I ask "Probably the same but I'm not sure yet" we small talk as the ride seems to take a little longer then usual. I didn't think much of it but the carriages were moving differently. Do you guys think it's taking longer to get there?" I ask. They all kind of nod and Harry looked rather on edge. I decided to stay quiet until we got there. When we did We all hopped out of the carriages and they started walking up the stairs to the big main doors. I stood for a second because every time I get here no matter how many times I see it I still stand and look at how big this place is. I smile and I follow the others inside to Hogwarts.