32 • The Patronus Charm

It had been nearly a week of Remus and Coco sneaking kisses when no one was around to watch, and hiding their blushes. They wanted some time with their relationship to just be theirs, not anyone else's. No peer opinions or rumors, just them. But they could hardly wait any longer to tell their friends, and decided that today was the day. They hatched a plan that was to take place at breakfast, and could barely sleep the night before waiting for it.

So when breakfast time rolled around, the Marauders found their usual seating area. Remus sat next to Coco, directly across from James and Lily. Sirius sat next to James, and Peter next to Coco.

"What do you keep smiling about?" Sirius asked Coco curiously. He had been asking all week, and was beginning to get tired of the excuses.

"I don't know. Moony, can you pass the biscuits?" Coco asked. Remus nodded, and got them, placing them in the area in from of Coco.

"Thanks cutie." She said, and they quickly kissed. There was a millisecond of shocked silence, before the table broke out into yells.

"WHAT?!" James screamed, not caring how loud he was being. Adrenaline was pumping through Coco's veins and she laughed at the faces of everyone nearby, especially her friends. Lily has the most proud smile on her face, and elbowed Marlene and Alice, who sat next to her, jaws dropped. Peter looked incredibly confused and astounded, and Sirius had his hands over his mouth, eyes wider then ever. James had stood up in his seat out of shock.

Remus pretended to look confused.

"Why're you all acting like that?" He asked simply, eating his pancakes.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHY ARE WE- COLETTE?!" James yelled, frantically looking between the two as if he'd lost his mind.

"You saying my full name is a bit weird." Coco commented.

"It's about damn time!" Sirius enthused, sending little firework up into the air with his wand. McGonagall saw, and was going to scold him, but decided not to. She herself had a little smile on his lips.

"This is old news, guys. We started dating like a week ago." Coco said. James jumped over the table and brought her into a hug so hard, that they both fell in the ground.

"And you didn't tell me?!" He asked frantically. She gave him a sad smile.

"We wanted it to just be our secret for a bit." Coco said. She couldn't hear the conversation that Remus was having with the others, but she was sure it was similar. James then stood up and gave her a hand, and pulled her up, giving her a proper hug, and burying his face into her hair.

"I'm so happy." He whispered.

"You're going to crush her." Lily called from her seat, and James let go of Coco, and they both sat back down. Sirius grabbed Coco's hand with a big smile on his face.

"I'm so happy for the both of you." He said. Remus was scanning the room.

"By the looks of it, not everyone's so happy for us." He chuckled. Some people were smiling and gossiping. Peoples eyes usually landed on the marauders, but for those who weren't looking during the quick kiss, they had heard quickly from others. And, well- James Potter's reaction. However there were plenty of guys who death glared Remus, William Larson included. There were also some girls who stabbed their forks into the table when looking at Coco.

"Ay Moony, might want to show William Larson what he's missing. Serves him right, I want to punch him every time I see him." James said, nodding over to William.

"I think that's a great idea, Prongs." Remus agreed, and Coco giggled. He slid his arm around her side, pulling her close, and kissed her cheek, as she leaned into him.