26

Does someone remember me? :D ... I'm really guys. I was badly caught in my work schedule and *lowers voice* laziness. :-D... I'll try to hibernate next time after completing this. :))

Recap: Ragini admitted to the hospital on being attacked at the party.

"You never get peace unless we are pushed into such miseries, right?" Sujatha's voice boomed in the hospital room in continuation of the past two hours as the Maheswari family members stared Ragini who was having mirror reaction. "As if you're some...some... Arre yaar, at least help me in scolding this girl. Since the time she came, I have been seeing this.." Her voice softened as fresh tears threatened to escape her eyes. "My eyes are tired crying. I feel like some melodramatic serial actress. If there was a competition between female lead of some serial and you, you would have won the title of Mrs.Mahanatha. I'm so fed up with this girl... Why can't you share problems with us? It's not your favourite laddoo right; that you are hesitating to share. If we had known the thing, you won't be lying like this punctured cycle here! Samjhi? I'm not even able to express my frustration fully, God!"

It was second day of Ragini in hospital and initial softness of her 'Maa' has faded unlike tears. At first, she used to cry and lament over her daughter being wounded and fragile but over time the buried frustration came up.

'SERVES RIGHT!' That was the unanimous opinion of the family regarding Suju's emotional outburst except Parineeti and Swara.

The blank stare of Ragini gradually changed into a teary smile and further to pout.

"Don't make such faces. You know what? You would have been welcomed with a tight slap if you were not in this condition. Retun back to home, I'll see in the perfect way." Sujatha didn't intend to stop her ranting while Swara couldn't stop her giggle earning a glare from Sujatha.

"Take a breath in between, Sujatha." Annapurna reminded. "And Ragini, I'm not surprised at all. But you've hurt us somehow, beta. Well, what important now is your health. Take care, beta. Swara and Laksh will be here with Sanskar." Annapurna said as she caressed Ragini's forehead.

***

Ragini got startled a bit and let out a silent chuckle feeling the baby's movement in Pari's womb. She was being continuously pampered by Pari and Swara from the time she was free from drowsiness and she couldn't even argue to let her stomach rest.

"For now, I'm going back home. Maa would be tensed about my reports." Pari said preparing to leave ,making Ragini look at her anxiously. "Dr. Neha is very positive about me. Will tell the details once you come home, okay." Pari bid bye to them with Adarsh, leaving Swara, Laksh and Sanskar in the room.

"Laksh, I want a coffee. Come with me." Swara dragged him out the room leaving the couples in privacy.

***

There was an uninvited silence within the four walls of the room. Ragini lost the count of glances she directed towards her beloved pati from the time she regained consciousness but mahoday was busy with his second wife, it seems! If she could mercilessly break that phone! And who is she kidding? After such a stunt, what other than a cold shoulder could be expected from him? She can't even pacify him. Ragini sighed almost in defeat closing her eyes.

And that didn't last long. Her eyes fluttered open feeling his cold hands holding them. A smile crept across her face instantly making it glow and he did notice that. But placing her hands back straight on her abdomen, he turned to go. As a reflex, her fingers grabbed his fingers making him stop in his tracks.

"Keeps your hands straight else blood will flow out again into the tube." He said detaching her hand and keeping it back. It didn't take much long for tears to rush into her eyes with her lips curved downwards.