14. THE "YES"

"You're not joking, right bhai!" Laksh exclaimed. Sometimes he can't identify the sarcasm in words.

"Should I give in writing?" Sanskar raised his eyebrows.

Swara sprang from her position to hug Ragini in delight and the two were hugged by Sharmishta. Both her daughters will be in the same home. What more can a mother ask for?

"You don't know Sharmishta ji. This chora was doing so much drama. We thought we will be held on gunpoint for this proposal. Now, I can breathe with relief." Sujatha started her rant.

"I was doing drama?" Sanskar began in a serious tone. "These five ladies were behind me as if I'm some culprit and the punishment is marriage, for the last one month. Can you all believe that? And complaining here that I was doing drama." He huffed.

"Whatever it was, since they are ready for this relation I think we should take it forward." Durgaprasad had a smile on his face while talking to Shekhar and Dadaji. "I'm very happy that Ragini will be our family soon. It would be very good if we don't delay it."

Shekhar glanced Ragini once before answering to Durgaprasad. She returned a firm smile to him. He could see no worries on his daughter's face. Getting such a loving boy for her when he was so anxious about her married life is a great solace.

"Sure Durgaprasad Ji. We will arrange for meeting the pandit soon. It would be great if the things are not rushed. Let them have a little time in between. Anyways, we can invite the Pandit first"Shekhar replied with a smile.

***

"I can't believe Ragu!" Swara squealed. She couldn't believe that her little wish is coming true so soon. Swara could always see a loving companion for Ragini in Sanskar but she couldn't voice it as he was their friend. Maybe that one conversation may bring an unknown barrier between them. But everything got sorted, just as she wished. Now, Swaragini will be in the same home.

"Me too." Ragini replied amused. Even now, she can't believe that Sanskar is soon going to be her fiancée. A friend to fiancée; soon he will be her husband.

"You're happy, no?" Swara asked even though she knows the answer.

"Even when you know what I will be saying, why are you asking?"

"Just for assurance. I don't want anything to be messed up because of me now."

"Because of you?" Ragini raised her eyebrow.

"Umm... Well, I only suggested this alliance." Ragini's mouth became "o" on Swara's answer. "Don't be angry. I know neither Sanskar nor the family will hurt you, ever. He will care for you, heal you and love you, Ragini. He's perfect for you."

"We're friends, Swara. Marriage is so different from friendship. How can you think that the present dynamic won't change in future?"

"You are upset on me?" Swarahad a fear of upsetting her sister in her words. "Your relation won't be the same, I know. It would a lot better than present. And about my belief, the care and support Sanskar gives you today as a friend won't be received from any other person even as husband. He's a gem and so are you. You both can heal each other, Ragu."

Ragini smiled and hugged Swara. "I'm not upset on you. And I don't doubt on Sanskar's care. I know he will be a great partner for me as we have a great companionship and transparency. But this is marriage and above all, I had been there before too. Won't that be awkward?"

"You're bothered about that? Do you know how elated Maa and Chachi was, when I suggested your name? They didn't even needed time to think. Pari bhabhi and Uttara too were overjoyed. Papa and Chachaji had no worries about the alliance. Laksh was super happy. Do you think that there will be any awkwardness there? They truly love you, as Ragini and they want you, as their bahu & beti." Swara had tears glistening in her eyes due to happiness. She stopped for a fraction of second and faced Ragini with a worry across her face. "Does Laksh affect you, even now?"