13. THE U-TURN

Hey guys! This story crossed 2K reads and that's so awesome for me. Thank you so much guys. Please do comment also if you are reading. :)

____________________________________

"What!" Sanskar and Ragini exclaimed together and looked each other. Isn't it a little awkward!

Swara was biting her lower lip in nervousness while Sharmishta stood by Ragini. The whole Maheswaris are in Gadodhia House. Laksh is on a call trying to distract himself. Hope that decision made is the perfect one! Laksh massaged his temple in between.

~ "Oh, don't try to impress Dida by flattering." Ragini comments to which Sanskar sticks his tongue out playfully.

"Dida, make sure that this Ragini is polished into Ragini 2.0." He said winking and bidding bye to both the ladies.

***

"Ragu, you came here to become a somber? Go out my girl. You don't need to consider others here. Enjoy your life to the fullest till you're here." Ragini was lying with her head in Dida's lap while Dida was caressing her.

"Dadi ma will kill me." Ragini giggled. "You want me to go out."

"Dadi would know if you or I inform her. And yes! Why are you choosing to be inside the walls of this house? That's not why you came here."

***

"Marriage? So soon?" Ragini asked being tense.

"No Ragu, future is not all about marriage. Just think what you need to do ahead. You may love to study ahead, or do some job or else...." Sharmishta chose not to complete her words.

"Yeah Maa. I'll think about that. Actually I thought not to think about any such thing for some time." Ragini heaved a sigh. Why life has to be so busy? One after the other.

"Take your time Ragu. Don't stress over anything. I just said because.."

"I know Ma. Don't worry. You have worried enough and have been worrying Dida also. You need to chill" Ragini cut her in and both giggled.

***

"So how's Banaras?"Swaragini had amazing time talking over phone these days. Both had a lot of things to shared and get amused of.

"You're asking the same once in every two days." Ragini rolled her eyes. "Come on Swara, I said na; it's beautiful! I feel so light here. The bachha party! I miss you among them." She chuckled.

"Wow.. You're missing me in between all those? How is Arvind?" Swara stressed on the last words.

"He's pretty good. Sweet, playful and sensitive. Don't know when his mood changes. He's a great help to Dida."

"I know Dida used to tell sometimes. Got to know that our sweet and calm Ragu is loosing her cool nowadays!" Swara teased Ragini with a tone of smirk.

"Dida's perfect boy is a master in irritating me." Ragini giggled. "But he holds his ears in a cute way after my outburst making me laugh."

"Aww, that's sweet. I was afraid that you'll remain alone there. Hearing these from you is truly a relief." Swara smiled which Ragini could feel the other side.

"Sanskar has to return today, no?"

"Yeah, Laksh said he will reach by today evening. Chachi and his encounter would be so interesting. She is so pissed off."

"I will miss that."

***

"Swara!" Ragini gleamed on seeing Swara in Badi.

"Ragu!" Swara's eyes widened on the arrival of Ragini, which was unexpected. "Yesterday you said you'll be probably coming next month. I was planning to come to pick you up and you... What the hell is this?" Swara questioned with her hands on hips with 'I'm done with you' expression.

Ragini immediately pout and took Swara in a hug. "This is called surprise. Last week itself I decided to return." Ragini said excited. "Maa!"

She runs to Sharmishta who is stiffened on her way.

***

"I didn't expect such a twist in our friendship." Sanskar let out a sigh breaking the unintended silence.

"Me too. Maa just told me that a family would be coming, just see how it is, decision is up to me from our side." Ragini drifted into sudden thoughts and closed her eyes in realization. "She gave many hints, in fact Swara too. I should have caught it."

Sanskar chuckled seeing her reaction.

"A vacation to Banaras brought changes in you." Sanskar caught Ragini off-guard.

"Changes! Good or Bad?" Ragini had a playful smirk.

"Very good. You are still the Ragini. The calm, caring, subtle girl but a little more open. Do you realize that you don't stumble; even before elders?"

"Hmmm. Maybe because of Arvind's training." Ragini had an ear-to-ear smile.

"Yeah. Need to meet him and hand over an award."

Ragini swat Sanskar's arm playfully. They slipped from the topic!

"Ragz. We and marriage. I mean, what do you think?"

"Don't know." She stared upwards defeated.

"Why did you agree for marriage? You said me that Shomi aunty told about you future; studies, job if you want." Sanskar asked while staring back her blank face which is now having a faint smile.

"Because, I always dreamt of that Sanskar." She turned to face Sanskar. "Even while I was in college, I knew that I would me married off soon. So I used to imagine a life where I have two home – Maika and Sasural, a loving and caring husband, his sweet family, in fact mine also, mother, father, grandparents, siblings their spouses and children. It would be total bliss, nah?" Ragini excitedly snapped out of her thoughts realizing she was conversing with someone.

"And everything.."

"Everything went in the wrong path." Ragini completed Sanskar's sentence with a small smile. "You know what, when I am imagining those things again, I realize that I just made myself see Laksh there and if I try, I can give that place to someone at a very low pace. I sound conservative, no?" She let out a laugh.

"There are a lot of things you can do, Ragz."

"I know right!" She chuckled and buried her face in her palms. "Maybe my crave for an affectionate family made me like this. Now I have one – but I dreamt of two, know."

A smile broke out on Sanskar's face.

"Shall I say yes?" Sanskar asked; Ragini gaped.

"Sanskar!"

"You will get a great family in your sasural; twomothers, two fathers, a jedji, jethani, a nanath, a devar, a devarani and asweet caring husband who will be always your friend. I can't assure anyone more than that as of now." Sanskar giggled.

____________________________________

Another part. I think this is the shortest update. The turn was a little swift; I actually wanted to take it slow, but it can be slow ahead, no ;)

Do vote and comment on this also. Love you guys!