"Harry really gave him Liquid Luck?" She questioned, and the other girl nodded, scoffing.

"He's absurd."

"At least you guys will win," Haven stated. "You've lost the last two games. Maybe luck is all you really need."

Ron narrowly blocked another buldger from flying in, and three Slytherin players angrily chased after it. Haven normally would've laughed at their distraught expressions if she hadn't been falling for one of their kind herself. She shook the thought away—now was not the time to think about Draco. He wasn't even on the team anymore. He'd quit after his fourth year, and she had no idea why, he was one of the best players. It wasn't like she was going to ask him, however. In fact, she was planning on avoiding him altogether until her little crush went away. Haven didn't know how to deal with the nervous butterflies that formed in her stomach every time she saw him. She'd never actually had a crush on anyone before. She was always too busy with other things, this was completely new to her.

Hermione sighed, her gaze going back onto the field. Haven noticed how her eyes were trained on a certain redhead, and she quietly snickered to herself. "Yeah," she finally mumbled. "Maybe luck is all we need after all."

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

Haven sluggishly walked up the stairs to the astronomy tower. After all, that was usually the place she went to clear her mind. She'd been afraid to go up there alone, but then she realized how foolish she was being. Hogwarts was the safest place to be.

Gryffindor had won the game, and even though Hermione had managed to sneak her into the common room, Haven wasn't feeling the party. Her mind was on other things, and for some reason, a weird sadness had taken over her. She decided to leave, and go to the one place that was always peaceful enough to let her think.

Haven's footsteps were quiet as she made her way up the stairs, and she temporarily paused upon seeing a figure standing there, looking out into the snowy night. Hesitantly, ignoring her racing heart, and the silent pact she made to herself hours before, Haven padded over to him. He didn't look over to her, and in that moment she was suddenly grateful. Haven leaned against the railing, a few snow flurries blowing into her face, but she didn't mind. They didn't speak for a while, and she was surprised when she realized the silence wasn't unbearable. Haven hated silence, but in that moment, she didn't. It was comforting, in a way. Neither of them had to say anything. They were just enjoying each other's company—well at least, Haven was enjoying his presence.

"What are you doing up here?" Draco questioned, slightly glancing over to her. Haven met his eyes with a shrug.

"I usually always come up here. Well, the rooftop is my go-to spot, but it's locked. Also, I don't want to slide off in this weather." She waited for a response, but none came. "Why are you up here?"

"Just...thinking."

"You sure you're all right?" Haven pressed on, fully turning to face him. "You've just been so different these past few weeks. You're worrying me."

Draco scoffed. "Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"Pretend to care about me."

Stunned, Haven stared at him unable to form any words as her heart thundered in her chest. Swallowing her nerves, she placed a gentle hand onto his shoulder. "I do care about you, Draco."

He pulled away, making her arm fall back down to her side awkwardly. "Well, don't."

"It's not easy, you know," she said after they'd both went quiet again. "Caring about you. Defending you. Everyone thinks I've gone mental, but I guess they don't know you like I do."

"We hardly know each other," he told her.

She narrowed her eyes at him. "I know that you'd do anything for the people you care about. I know you joined the Order because you wanted to do better—"

"I joined the Order because you basically blackmailed me."

"No," she denied. "I said if you ratted us out I'd blackmail you. And stop interrupting me," Haven smacked his arm. "I know you snuck out that one night to tell me you hadn't been the one to snitch on us. You risked your ass to do that. I know that you also risked your ass to save us the night Sirius died and Umbridge was holding us all captive. And, I know you want to play Quidditch when you graduate from Hogwarts, but your father wants you to work for the Ministry."

Draco watched her, his eyes never wavering from her face until he sighed. "Are you stalking me?"

She laughed and shook her head. "Absolutely not. I happen to pay attention to the things you say, actually. You're quite interesting."

"I'm sorry," he whispered, and she grew confused. "About breaking your brother's nose. You're right, I am difficult to care about. But I'm willing to try and change." Draco mumbled something completely inaudible, and Haven scrunched up her face when she couldn't figure out what he had said.

"What was that?"

Draco swallowed thickly, before lifting his head up to stare into her eyes. "For you. I'm willing to try, for you."

A grin appeared on her face. "You know, that's not a bad idea."

He winced. "I'm regretting this already."

Poking his arm, she laughed. "I have your first 'do-better' task ready for you."

Draco rolled his eyes, waiting for her to go on. "Which is?"

"You have to come to Slughorn's party with me in a few weeks."

Draco's face scrunched up in disgust. "Why?"

"Um hello? This is your do-better task. You can't ask questions."

"I'm asking questions."

"Fine," Haven huffed, and a sudden chilly breeze emitted from the air. She suppressed a shiver. "Because he invited everyone at the top of his class and..."

"And?"

Haven swallowed thickly, nervous butterflies appearing in her stomach as she played with her hands, and forced herself to stare into his eyes. "And I need a date."

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

— AUTHORS NOTE

PERIODDDD haven is making some moves. as she should😏