Matty looked at Bill.

"I am a little worried that if it gets out that firearms were used, we could be charged with perjury and giving false statements."

"Shit. Did you talk to Harriette?"

"I did, but she told me that she had already talked to Officer Bradley and agreed to give her statement tomorrow.

Nick is going to also."

"What do you think we should do?"

Matty closed the laptop.

"I don't know hun. Lindsay,Carl and Ryan have already given their statements, as have Harry and Mable.

And so have we and Michael.

Thats eight false statements."

Bill let out a long sigh.

"Fuck."

"Yea fuck."

"So, Miss Dove, what do you suggest?"

Matty laughed.

"I suggest that you don't call me Miss Dove again.

But, as legal council, I also suggest that we retract our statements and issue new ones, telling the whole truth."

"What are the possible circumstances?"

"Fines, jail. It will all depend on the judge we get."

Matty reached across and took Bill's hand.

"This is a new phase in the life of Tuckamore Bay. I think we need to start it off properly."

Bill nodded.

"So what do we do?"

"Well to start, we get hold of everyone involved and tell them to prepare new statements, telling the whole truth. I am going to suggest they do a video statement and the police can worry about transposing it.

Then I get hold of Officer Bradley and we see where it goes from there."

Bill took out his cellphone.

"I will call Harry and Mable."

"Best you go there, hun. They might not know how to do the video thing and with Harriette still in Corner Brook, they may need your help."

"What about you?"

"I will get hold of Linny and Michael. They will know what to do and Carl and Ryan will be able to have Linny do theirs as well.

We will do ours in the morning."

Bill shook his head, as he stood.

"We do it all tonight and call the RCMP in the morning. We don't need this hanging over our heads."