Part 14

As the needle dispensed its contents into my bloodstream, I screamed. To say the pain was unbearable is an understatement. I felt like I was on fire. Everything started spinning and I felt my knees buckle, making me fall to the ground.

"Why?" I whispered, tears falling from my eyes. "Why me?"

"It's simple really. You were going to be the mate to the Alpha King. Well we don't know if it would be you exactly, but there are only two or three other she wolves that it might have been, and they have also been taken care of. We all know that an Alpha can't function properly without his mate."

My head was pounding and I could hear the blood rushing through my ears. I began to see black spots in my field of vision and I knew I was losing against the silver that now rushed through my veins.

"I'm going to kill you Marcos, you and your entire pack of cowardly, good for nothing, evil wolves." I snarled, even though just talking left me gasping for breath.

"That's tough talk for someone that's almost dead. But you are an Alphas daughter, after all. Or well you were." He laughed coldly. He walked over and tied my hands and legs together. I didn't put up a fight because I couldn't. He dragged me backwards and threw me against the tree. I cried out in pain again but leaned against the rough bark, thankful for its support. In the distance, I could still hear the sound of wolves fighting. I was facing the east and through the trees I could see the sun rising gently, casting its light on the dark shadows. I had lost all control of my body but the only thing I could think of was how beautiful the sunrise looked and how thankful I was that it was going to be one of the last things I would ever see in this world.

"Let's see how long it'll take your pack to find you. If the wild animals haven't picked your bones clean by then, you might still be recognizable." Marcos sneered again. He turned and began to walk away but seemed to change his mind. He turned back towards me and gave me a swift kick to the ribs. I couldn't even gasp in pain anymore. "I'll see you in hell you b*tch."

I stared at his retreating back but didn't have the strength to be angry anymore. The only sound I could hear now was his footsteps crunching on the dried leaves as he ran away from me. Soon everything was quiet and I was all alone. I couldn't even hear the fighting going on anymore.

The sun rose higher into the sky, scaring away the night and bathing the forest with its beautiful orange and yellow light. The forest itself started to wake, all the animals started running around, scampering through the dry leaves that gathered by the trees. A lone howl rose into the air, and I recognized it as my fathers. Victory. Soon, other howls followed it, along with yips of joy. If I strained my ears enough, I could make out the laughter of children. Everything had become a hazy gray color and I slowly closed my eyes, too tired to stay awake any longer. Just before they shut completely, something with four legs stepped out of the shadows. I recognized it as a wolf's form but not someone from the pack. I sighed, thinking it was one of Night Star, coming to finish the job. But the furry head leaned down closer to mine and I heard a soft, featherlike voice echo in my head.

Sleep.

The last thing I saw before I took my last breath was a pair of eyes, one silver, one green.

*

~

*

~

*

~

I heard the rustling of leaves around me and heard snuffling near my ear. My eyes fluttered open and I squinted in the sunlight. The light was filtered through a canopy high above my head. I tried to move and get away but I felt paralyzed. A cold nose poked my ear and I flinched inwardly.

She's awake, Phantom.

There was a small whine and more shuffling near me.

Is she really my human? The same soft voice I had heard before I fell asleep echoed in my head.

Yes, though she may not be anymore. You broke the rules by spying on her! All four of you! Fox, Holly and Shadow are in just as much trouble as you even though they didn't have direct interaction with their humans.

I saved her life, Leaf Splatter! Those other wolves attacked her and her pack! My sister had just bonded with her human, how could I not be worried about mine! If she had died I would've become like....

....like White Flash? I understand your fear Phantom, but if you keep breaking the rules, you won't make it to your naming ceremony, even if you are the Alphas daughter. The voice that had first echoed in my head spoke again.

I tried to make a noise so that they knew I could hear them but nothing came out.

How long until the freezing berries wear off? The younger voice asked.

10 minutes.

And then there was a sound of someone walking off, though I could still feel the presence of another by my side.

The time ticked by slowly and I tried my best to remain calm in hopes of speeding everything up. After what I assumed was 10 minutes, I could start to feel my body relax and I took a deep breath. I tried to rationalize what I had just heard, thinking it must have been a side effect of the medication the pack nurses had given me. The forest I was gazing up at was just a hallucination.

I know you're awake now. The same voice as before rang in my head.

I stiffened again squeezing my eyes shut, hoping to make the last effects of the drug wear off.

Whatever you're doing, stop. This is real. You aren't with your human pack. You're in my land now. My wolf pack.

I finally gave up in trying to explain what was happening. I slowly sat up and pinched myself to make sure I wasn't till sleeping. I wasn't. I looked around quickly, absorbing and analyzing my surroundings the way my father had taught me. The first thing I noticed was that the dress I had been wearing during the shifting ceremony was gone, replaced instead with some sort of coat or dress of fur and feathers. My feet were bare and I could feel that my undergarments were gone as well, making me squeeze my legs together in discomfort. The trees that I had woken up underneath were a mixture of wide oak trees and tall redwoods, which confused me because the two types of trees did not grow together naturally. I knew redwoods only grew on Night Star territory and oaks on Black Stone, which was a pack far east of where my pack lay. But to find a mixture of these two strong trees worried me. I had heard tales of where the two species grew together but no human could enter the mythical realm. The more I looked around however the more I realized I knew where I was, as though it was something from a dream. The stories I had heard as a child seemed to be true; the words coming back to me in my father's deep rumble.

"No freaking way..." I breathed.

*

*

*

*

*

*

Hey puppies! im sooo sorry this took so long to upload! i didnt have wifi at my house over winter break and i was a bit to lazy to type it on my phone. But here you go! i have to finish editing another few chapters i have already typed up but hopefully that wont take too long and those will be up asap. School is a little hectic right now since its the first few weeks of the semester and all but everything is going good. I think the next chapter i upload is going to be the "fairytale" that Cynthia is thinking of just to give you guys a little backstory on where she is. Other than that, i hope you enjoy it.

Comment, vote, mesage me: you know what to do.

Love you!

~AngelOfTheStorm