Chapter 10

I stumbled back at the thought, pressing myself against Steven for support to keep me from falling. He wrapped one arm protectively around me and Nyx squeezed my hand.

"Don't worry," he whispered to me. "If there is a war you'll have the best lead warrior to defend you." I knew that he was trying to help me feel better but I couldn't even manage to smile.

"You won't let that happen, will you Ciro?" Tanya said, intervening yet again. "If you attack my pack, I'll break the mate bond."

Ciro paled then  narrowed his eyes.

"You're bluffing." he said. "You wouldn't do that, its too painful."

My sister glared at him. "Are you willing to find out?"

Right now i had mad respect for my sister. I knew she was bluffing because I could see the small flicker of uncertainty. Ciro stiffened then sighed.

"Dad, relax. Having her willingly is more important than having her willingly." he said, giving my sister a small smile.

My sister visibly relaxed when he said this and she smiled in return. Ciro stepped forward again, and though Altair and Daren stiffened, they let him reach Tanya. She reached out and hugged him, happiness radiating off her in waves. I was happy for her; standing up to Ciro like that showed that she wouldn't be bossed s around by anyone, even get mate. Once they broke apart, Tanya sighed.

"We still haven't figured out what to do about this pack think though." She muttered.

"Well your sister is training to be alpha too and she's only a year younger than you. I might be willing to stay a year with Winter Breeze, hand down your title to your sister and then come live with me." Ciro offered

"A year isn't enough time and you know it. We have been training for this position our entire lives but she still has things to learn. We haven't even started talking to her about the noble court." my sister explained. "Besides if I handed down my Alpha Title, Altair and Daren would keep their position and she doesn't know how to work with them full on, only Nyx and Steven, they're her assigned Beta and Warrior."

A sudden idea popped into my head.

"Why don't you just unite the packs?" I blurted out.

Everyone turned to look at me as I slapped my hand over my mouth. I blushed furiously, grateful that it was still dark out so the redness of my cheeks was hidden.

"What a stupid idea!" Ciro shook his head furiously. "Why in the world-"

My sister placed her hand gently over his mouth, cutting him off.

"Ciro, that's my pack too. Don't insult me please." She turned to look at me. " I don't think that's a stupid. Its actually not a bad idea. Keep going Sin." She nodded encouragingly.

i was at a loss for words.

"Well think i bout it." Nyx covered for me. "Uniting the packs would allow both of you to be Alphas to your birth packs and to the pack that your mate belongs to."

"Also, the resulting pack would be than we would be able to control with just one Beta and Warrior. So neither Altair, Daren, Reza or Gabriel would have to give up their position. They can all work together." Steven continued.

"And I mean, the bigger the back the more power too, right?" I said, finally finding my voice. "So we could possibly become one of the strongest packs in the U.S., if not the entire world."

"See! Its a great idea!" Tanya exclaimed. "Plus if we combine our packs we can do the official introduction ceremony in a month if not less, instead of waiting an entire year."

Ciro was running his hands through his hair. "...I don't know.." he sighed.

"Dude, come on!" Gabriel Interrupted. "Not only will Night Star benefit from this as a pack, but personally you will too."

"Don't be stupid," Daren added, grinning. "This opportunity only comes once in a blue moon."

Ciro looked around at all of us and bit his lip.

"And you're all okay with this?" he asked

Everyone nodded their heads and my sister grasped his hand, smiling.

"Okay. Okay! Night Star and Winter Breeze will combine to create a new pack! Winter Star!"

Tanya squealed and hugged Ciro. Altair and Daren laughed and high fived each other then moved forward to celebrate with Gabriel and Reza. I could already tell they were going to be great friends. I breathed a sigh of relief and leaned on Kasei for support, feeling suddenly drained.

Good job Sin. Kasei mind linked me. I'm proud of you. You'll make a great Alpha one day.

"Omg Sin!" Nyx exclaimed, jumping up and down. "You sure saved the day."

"Thanks." I breathed.

Steven squeezed my shoulder lightly. I looked up at him and saw him giving me a curious look. I tilted my head and scrunched my eyebrows together, asking him wordlessly what was wrong. He looked me up and down and raised an eyebrow, and i understood what he was saying. Are you okay? I smiled and nodded my head.

A snarl cutoff the small celebration everyone was having and it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I got goosebumps at the sound because it wasn't just a snarl of anger....I could hear the blood lust that echoed in the sound. 

I immediately straightened up and took a fighting stance out of habit, Steven Nyx and Kasei following my lead. I looked around to try and pinpoint the source of such a threatening sound and saw that Ciro had Tanya pressed firmly against his chest one arm wrapped protectively around her, the other grabbing a silver blade he had strapped to his waist. Altair and Gabriel Stood beside them, tense and ready for what might come. Reza and Daren had drawn silver knives as well and circled the Alpha Pair slowly in a fighting stance. My eyes kept wandering and i was able to make out my dads wolf, crouched down and ready to jump on whatever crazed creature tried to harm us.

"NO NO NO NO NO!!!" a voice echoed throughout the empty clearing. "Night Star will never unite with a pathetic excuse for a pack like Winter Breeze!"

That's when I recognized the voice. Abhay.

"Father!" Ciro called. He must've recognized the voice too.

"You idiot!" Abhay roared, coming out of the shadows he was hiding in with a crazed look in his eyes. "How could you do this? How could you betray our pack!?" 

"Combining the packs is whats best for everybody, regardless of what you might think!" Ciro cried.

"I refuse to give my pack to an idiot like you! I thought i raised you better! You don't deserve Alpha Title! The pack will still follow me regardless of what idiotic choices you make! I am still their Alpha! And you...you are no longer my son!!!"

A chill ran through my body and I knew what was going to happen before it did.

"Now Night Star!" Abhay's voice rang throughout the clearing, the gentle breeze carrying his voice.

"ATTACK!!"

*

*

*

*

*

*

Heyyy guyyysss.... im like super sorry about the wait!! College is harder than i though it would be :( im actually failing three of my classes...but its okay! I was finally able to update for you guys after like 3 weeks... So I hope you like it! Anyways guys! How are you? How was your Halloween? I planned on being a leopard but it rained so the outfit  had planned didnt work out so since i already had my makeupon i just put on my Deathly Hallows sweater and put down my hair and became Hermionie when the Polyjuice Potion went wrong (Harry Potter Fandom Unite!!) lol ... okay well! time for more homework! D: have fun with this! and you know the drill.. Vote, Comment, Message me :)

I love you!!

~AngelOfTheStorm