Chapter 18

Daybreak came too fast for me. I had slept on the floor of the surrounding forest and the bruises left from Phantoms rampage were painfully obvious. Fox and Holly had gone back to their den late at night after making sure that Phantoms wounds had been attended to. Phantom lay curled up next to me, her head on my stomach, sharing her body heat.
She must be exhausted.
As if she had heard my thoughts, she opened her eyes and blinked at me, sitting up. Her mismatched eyes unnerved mea bit and I shivered under her gaze.
The sky was a navy blue but the suns rays were chasing away the night, turning it a light blue. I turned to look at Phantom who had turned Theo watch the suns slow progress into the sky. She shook her head, as if to get rid of some thoughts and locked eyes with me. She gave me the closest thing to a nod a wolf could and began to trot toward what I assumed was the border. I ran my fingers through hair, getting rid of the leaves and twigs that had gotten tangled in it and walked briskly after her.
Phantom seemed to glide over the leaf litter covering the ground and I tried to be as quiet as possible as well in order to avoid detection. Every few minutes we would stand still and listen for the sounds of someone following us, but all we could hear was the sounds of the waking forest.
We're here Phantoms voice echoed in my head, startling me.
She was standing in bergen two great white trees and I could tell she was a bit nervous.
I've only left once and that was to find you. She said. I don't know what life outside is like.
I placed one hand on her scruff to try and comfort her.
"It'll be okay. " I whispered. "I promise. "
Phantoms piercing gaze turned to my fave once again and I felt her relax. She leaned against me for comfort and I tightened my grip on her scruff but not hard enough to to where it hurt her.
And together, we stepped across the border.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Phantoms POV

"It'll be okay. " she whispered. " I promise. "
I wish I could tell the human- Cynthia- why I was really scared. Bad things happened to wolves who crossed the territory border with the intention of running away. This was what had kept me safe the night I rescued her; I had every intention of returning home, with Cynthia, of course. But now, embarking on this journey to find my brother may prove dangerous to both me and my bonded human.
Wolf Lore told of the side effects of crossing the magical border that surrounded the packs territory, which included hallucinations, internal bleeding and other horrible things.
But the worst of all was the splitting of the bond between Alpha, Beta and Lead Warrior. It would be painful for all three of us because it would be a forced split, not like the ones the Council oversees. But their pain couldn't be compared to mine; not only would I lose them as my lead pack members, I would also be stripped of my Alpha title, something I was born into. I would lose a part of myself that I had never lived without.
I felt Cynthia tighten her grip on my scruff and I tried to push these thoughts out of my head, willing the silver in my system to not make the effects any worse than they already would be.
I leaned against Cynthia, praying to the Ancestors to give me strength to overcome this trial I was going to undergo. I took a deep breath and together, we stepped across the border.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey pups!! So sorry I took a little longer than necessary for this chapter! I'm in finals week and I should be asleep right now (it's 1 am) but I decided you guys needed an update :) thanks to @leiababe for that last comment on the chapter because that was just the inspiration I needed to keep editing this chapter. ^.^ I hope you guys like it. I decided to go out on a limb here and put in Phantoms perspective for a bit. Just like always, if you guys have any ideas for this or questions, comment or message me :)

I love you ❤

~AngelOfTheStorm