~Chapter 4~

I swear the hermittpad community is just a big chaotic ball of people who yell at each other to go to sleep while being hypocrites. Look I'm sorry I posted that at 12 am for me ok?
Also why does this have 500 views!

Thank Shimmering_River for this chapter. They are literally half the reason this chapter exists. (If you read that comment they put, uh no Iskall is not sadistic)

Iskall sat in the tavern. Sure they looked sketchy as hell right now but it didn't matter. Most of the people in here were to busy to notice the hit-man sitting in the corner.

Iskall drummed their fingers on the table.

Tap.
Tap.
Tap.

Waiting. Just waiting.

Tap.
Tap.
Tap.

Then they got up and left. Iskall had waited 15 extra minutes and if this person wasn't going to show up then they weren't going to wait. Iskall made their way out. However they made it two steps out and they was stopped by something, or was it someone.

"Leaving so soon are we?" A voice said, causing Iskall to spin around.

There in the shadows was the person they were waiting for. Iskall didn't really know this person per say, but they had hired them more then once before.

"You were late." Iskall stated, "I'm not going to wait an hour for you."

"Ah yes, sorry about that." The person stepped out of the shadows, "Had some.... business to attend to." She said. (Not a hermit just some random character design I found laying around. I refuse to say I put an oc into this because that feels weird to me)

This girl had this magical aura around, and had the most piercing blue eyes. Nothing much could or was ever seen about this girl. And often times the only thing Iskall could pick out from her voice was that she was sly and manipulative.

"So do you have the job?" Iskall said the girl.

"Here." She tossed Iskall a book, "That assassin fella got rid on one of the people I wanted dead. You heard about that right? The Assassin?"

"I have." Iskall responded catching the book, "What does this have to do with anything?"

"Nothing to importance," She said, "Anyways I'll be giving you your payment after you're done, you know where to find me."

Iskall opened that book and read the name inside, they looked up to ask the girl a question but she was gone. Disappeared without a trace, man they would love that ability.

Iskall sighed and walked off. Now all they needed was a perfect time to get this job done. (Aka a way for me to stall because idk how hitmans work)

-

All was silent in the kingdom, which wasn't a weird thing at night. So no one was there to see the lone figure walking through the moonlit streets.

Iskall contemplated how they were gonna kill this man. They liked to charge head on into things, the slight problem was that his target had a family. Meaning it was lure the target out or kill the family.

Though by family they mean a spouse and some random person, who was assumed to be friend of sorts. With that Iskall decided to kill the whole household. Sure, maybe it was a bit extra but it was easier.

Iskall walked up to the house, they'd have to be slightly quiet as there were other houses around. They started at the house, with their current plan literally being, break in, kill everyone, and leave without making a scene. With a that in mind Iskall walked up to the door.

.

..

...

And bashed in the door. This person kicked down the door.

There was a loud crash as the door fell, but silence afterwards. Iskall walked inside and looked around. It was a higher class house and was very nice looking.

Iskall stalked though the house looking around. They silently regretted all of their decisions of not preparing better. Eventually they came to a door, the one and only door. The door that would decide whether or not he'd make it out alive.

Iskall sighed before bashing in that door too. A figure sat up from the bed and stared at them. Iskall only assumed that the person saw their silhouette and froze from fear.

"What do you want!" The voice of the person demanded.

Iskall walked closer, slowly pulling out a bow, "Nothing much." They held out the bow, "Only completing a job." With that they fired the arrow into the person's head.

Iskall walked back to the doorway of the room, before pausing. They moved out of the door way and into the shadows of the wall. Foot steps could be heard. Iskall slowly put the bow away and pulled out a sword, this was going to be simple and easy.

-

Iskall sat in their house, cleaning off their sword. They had been successful in killing the household and getting away. Now all they needed to do was locate that girl and get their payment. Iskall sighed to themselves. They need to locate that girl. Sure she said they knew where to find her but they honestly didn't know.

Iskall set down their sword and stood up. Well if they didn't know where to find this girl, then they weren't gonna try. She'd have to reach out the them. Which he had a terrifying suspicion that she knew how.

Iskall walked out the door and on to the crowds streets of the kingdom. They noticed the pennon flags that were hung up. (That took forever to find the correct term for that) It was like these people were having a celebration in honour of Queen Stress's visit, which the very well could be.

Sometimes the people in the kingdom were a little too happy, considering some recent events that have happened. Though a distraction was good for well distracting.

Iskall continued to walk the crowed streets. They didn't have a particular destination in mind, they just let their feet take them were ever. However that was about to change.

A small figure crashed into Iskall, "Sorry!" The small figure said before running off.

Now you see normally that wasn't a problem, but something about the person made Iskall curious. So they followed it. Throughout the kingdom Iskall followed the figure.

The small figure was boy with sandy brown hair and brown eyes. He also wore a red jacket/jerkin (still depends on what you want to imagine)

Then something interesting happened. The boy made his way to the outer parts of the kingdom, before disappearing into the forest. Iskall followed.

Well they followed they best they could. The boy had seemingly disappeared, the forest consuming them in the wilderness. Iskall looked around, they couldn't see or hear that person anywhere.

With a sigh Iskall started to head back. Started. They heard something and turned around. A flash of red being the last thing they saw before the world went black.

Do I plan on ending all my chapters all vague and cliffhanger like? Yes.