43: What's Lost is Found

A/N: It's OCTOBER!!! I literally LOVE fall so much. It's the best time to live in New York City and really the only time I actually truly enjoy every part of it. I apologize for the delay, I had every intention of publishing this last weekend but, you know, life. Anyway, hope you enjoy!)

The food hadn't even arrived before Harry spied all my family photo albums. I think he asked a question about every photo in the one when I must have been five or six and for the others, he had a question for at least one picture on each page.

Needless to say, it was a long process.

And with each photo, each question, each turn of the page, I not only felt more comfortable sharing my past with him, that deep dreadful feeling of despair slowly dissipating, I also felt like my family was somehow with us.

I'm not sure I believe in ghosts, although I do hope there is something after we die, but I have to say that I felt them around us as if when I closed my eyes I somehow felt them sitting in the living room with us.

Photo albums are a magical thing in as much as I could share so much of how I grew up with Harry without having to come up with the entire narrative. Just as Gemma and Anne had done when we visited his home, I told him all the embarrassing stories of myself. How I fell into a fountain when I was seven on a trip to Italy, the time my mother had my hair cut into the most atrocious bob, and when Oliver was about six months and threw up all over my chest backstage a mere fifteen minutes before I was supposed to go on stage.

Harry had a real good laugh with that one.

But the photo's that really got him excited were of photos from one, particularly humiliating Halloween.

"Oh, my Love, this is too good to be true." He had fallen back in laughter after he turned the page to see me in a costume that was far less glamorous than anything he has seen me pictured in before.

"Harry it's fine, cal down," I tried to placate his giggles as I watched him lean into the page to get a closer look. "I was the bacon and he was the egg, perfectly normal."

"You two are the cutest breakfast foods I've ever seen. Did your mum come up with the idea?"

"Nope, it was all Oliver," I smiled fondly down at the picture. "I'm pretty sure it was a school project gone to the extreme. One day the teacher asked the kids what their favorite breakfast food was and the next he was begging me to be strips of bacon because I was taller."

"With a face like that, I'm sure it was hard to say no," Harry commented as he shifted his gaze from the picture to me.

"Impossible. I'm wearing the costume, aren't I?"

"And what do you think the odds are saying yes or no to this face," he pointed to his own making quite sure to play up the deep dimple in his cheek.

"Oh god," I sighed dramatically falling back on the couch.

"No, no, listen to this. Imagine, you and me, Sonny and Cher–"

"Harry–"

"Popeye and Olive–"

"Oh boy–"

"Jack and Rose–"

"I'd rather not imagine having to let you sink to the depths of the ocean when I should be stuffing my face with Halloween candy, thank you very much," I responded with a deadpan expression as I bite into another french fry.

"I do appreciate that but to ease your worries, you better believe I would have squeezed my way onto that door with you," he explained as he buried his head into my neck, peppering it with kisses. "We'd cuddle for warmth until someone saved us. We would have been fine."