29: Two Weddings and A... (Part 1)

Wedding No. 1: Mallorca, Spain

Breath. 

In and out. 

Sip your cocktail. 

In and out. 

Breath. 

It's been my mantra for the last few days as I try and unsuccessfully get Harry alone long enough to talk about what's going on with us. Nothing dier, thankfully,  I just feel a little in the dark about what's going on in his head. 

Luckily, I can trust Monica to be just outrageous enough to validate my overthinking. 

"Wait, so you're telling me that you wore that skimpy little bikini–"

"That you snuck into my luggage."

"Yeah, that I snuck into your luggage, like the supportive friend I am, then you asked him to rub sunscreen on your back, and he didn't drag you back into the house to have his dirty way with you?"

Nope, there's been no action whatsoever. A couple of months ago I would have been fine with that, more than fine, still nervous about being intimate and perfectly happy cuddling in bed and making out until our lips were numb. 

But I've had a taste now, I've dipped my toe into those heavenly waters and all I want is more. Throw me into the deep end fully clothed and blindfolded as long as I'm doing it with Harry. 

And I'm taking Monica right along with me in hopes that she might enlighten me as to a solution, i.e. gabbing and rambling over the whole desperate situation. 

"No! And he didn't when I nibbled his ear in front of the fire or when I wore the tight leggings I know he likes to bed or when I invited him to shower with me. He said Nick had this funny thing to show him and he just walked out of the bedroom." 

That last rejection still stings. I think I feel a tear coming on.  

I thought for sure there was no way he could refuse that even if we ended up in the shower awkwardly washing ourselves without saying a word, at least we'd be alone and together. 

"Fuck, I never thought I'd see the day. I thought his whole X-Factor thing was being the naked one."

"Apparently that's the case with everyone but me... his longterm girlfriend," I childishly pout knowing that it's not entirely true. "I haven't seen him naked since before I left."

Something else is going on with him, right, because if that's not the case, it must be me. Whatever the case may be, it's becoming increasingly evident that I'm just going to have to be forward and ask him even if it's just to be rejected again.

"Okay Mia, that was a bit dramatic, even for you," she says in a deadpan tone.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, but you're not here Monica," I wish she was. It's been so long since we've had a real hang out. 

"Actually, I'm surprised Harry didn't invite you to come along," I huff on the phone as I listen to the group laugh in response to something Grimmy said. It's not that I'm angry they are having a fun time, it's what the laughter represents... Harry and I on two completely different wavelengths at the moment and I'm growing increasingly worried.

"He got to invite all his friends, I should have been able to invite you."

"Oh he did invite me and Benny," she says proudly. "But you know I couldn't. I'm taking those summer courses for medical school next year."

"Hey!" I respond in a very Harry Styles fashion without realizing it before it happens, "you're loyalties are to me, right?"

"Of course, you're my girl boo. But your boy did invite us. When have you ever known me to lie?"