24: Four Weeks And One Day

(A/N: Being away would be hard but being able to facetime with this face would be lovely. Things are about to get emotional so I'd try to enjoy this chapter as much as you can. Also, I've split this chapter up into the four weeks Mia is away on her book tour. So Each section is an event/s that happens during that week. I hope you enjoy.) 

Week One: Pacific North West

I've been utterly amazed.

Apparently there are way more people out there that will come to a reading for a new book by an unknown author than I realized.

And no that is not sarcasm.

Now, I'm not selling out arenas or breaking the internet as my boyfriend has in the past but I am very proud to say that I haven't read to an empty audience yet.

And no, Hunter and Zoey don't count.

But I half expected it. 

Before we set off on this journey, I did have visions of arriving at a place and finding it empty, the only exceptions being the coordinator and my sympathetic cheerleaders sitting front row center with not another soul in sight.

Luckily, that hasn't happened yet.

And I don't think it will and it won't be because of my efforts.

This is all due to Zoey's hard work.

I might have written the book but Zoey has organized this amazing schedule and with every appearance, more people come, or so it seems to me and it's just the first week. 

She's taken over my Instagram, posting quotes and photos and dates to get the word out there. And don't get me wrong, I am very aware that sometimes students are required to come to my talks for their English writing classes but that doesn't matter. It's been a success so far.

And I swear Hunter is slowly turning into a crazy stage mom, taking videos during and chatting up the audience before I come out.

It started off small at our first appearance in San Francisco, making sure I wasn't too nervous giving me a friendly squeeze of my shoulders before I was to step out in front of everyone. But then it came to a head in Seattle, our last event on our first week and his home town, when he not only invited his own family to the small event but started straightening my collar and trying to get me to overdose on coffee before the afternoon reading.

So much coffee.

Apparently, 

Officially, Hunter is here as my own personal security but he's so much more than that. He's incredibly supportive and enthusiastic about all of this. At times it seems as if he's more excited than I am. He's just that kind of friend.

Hunter is a good guy, they both are such good talented people and I am a very lucky girl to have them on my side.

Every new place is a rush, be it from San Francisco to Seattle to Denver next week. A nervous nauseous rush but when I start reading, I always calm down, and surprisingly enough, I am even made calmer when I speak with the attendees of each session, especially the students.

A large part of this promotional book tour has been held in school libraries or bookstores in quaint college towns and I've found that there are so many students who are just like me hoping to get the chance I got and they are looking to me for guidance.

Little ole me, what do you think of that?

And surprisingly to only me, as Harry, Zoey, and Hunter have argued, I feel comfortable in this role. Apparently, I'm a natural at comforting and advising. Harry says he sees it in the way I dote and care for Prince Lea but how motoring our puppies equate to advising hopeful authors I have no idea.