ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

Start from the beginning

All eyes were on me, waiting patiently to hear more. I could see just out of the corner of my eye Alexandros with his coven, a smirk adamant on his face, bringing its own source of light to the snowy grounds.

"While our bodies may be set in stone, our minds still have the ability to develop, to manifest in ways that we never thought possible in the confines of mortality. Individual traits are not what make us, it is our actions and the way that they affect the people around us," It was such a clear blow to Edward and the way that he treated me, but nobody but my own coven knew that.

"The kings and queen of promise is what we all need at a moment like this. So many can claim themselves a ruler, but only when it comes to the most callous of decisions does a true leader show through. I may only be a newborn, but so many of you remember times when tyranny reigned supreme. The Romanians," Stefan snarled, "The American Revolution, the world wars, and the French Revolution," the French Coven smiled. "At these times only those who wished for a better life fought back against the oppression of the rule of law."

"You are a tyrannical queen, Annalise Volturi," Edward spat in my face. Many of the other vampires in the background gasped and glared at him. You see, Masen, I have already gained the hearts of the people. What do you have but your claims of my own corruption?

"If I was a tyrannical queen, Edward Masen, I would have already had you beheaded for treason against your royalty," I countered.

"Without us, there was chaos."

History books littered the halls of Volterra, finding themselves in the arms of a girl who wanted to know about what had made her coven, a queen who needed guidance on how to create unity in a species that she knew little about.

Quite good things, libraries.

"To propose a coup of our power right now would not only be foolish, but laughable as well," Everyone on the opposing side froze at my words. "We did not come here for battle, but if I must wage war against you I will, killing anyone and everyone who attempts to come in between my coven and my children. Your lies and deceit will show no longer, as I do believe that we know the truth about you, Edward Masen."

"My daughter is not an immortal child!" he exclaims in hysteria. My mates and I chuckle at his lack of composure during his own trial. Just like criminals when they get caught. Although you are not here for treason, I would love to rip off your head and burn it in front of everyone.

"Submit your evidence," Edward looks shocked.

"What do you mean submit my evidence-" I cut him off.

"I just told you that this is a trial and you expect us to just make a ruling without giving you a chance to submit your own evidence?" Quite laughable.

"I-I," Edward turns to Bella, who starts to walk to our side of the field.

The young girl that she had given birth to was quite small compared to my son, as was to be expected with the age difference. Her brown hair and eyes were just like that of her mother's, basic but bold, contrasting her pale skin quite nicely. Although I did not like her parents, Renesmee did not seem fond of the fact that her mother was gripping onto her so tightly, almost dragging her to our side.

Aggression laced Bella's newly gold eyes, those pools of hatred sending daggers into my own crimson ones.

"She isn't immortal," Bella states, "She is half vampire and half human."

Well, of course we knew that already. For one, Jacob had told us. Did she think that Maeve wouldn't tell me something like this? Her reasoning skills clearly were lacking.