ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ²⁴

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜱ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛꜱ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇᴘᴛ ᴏꜰ ɴᴇꜱᴛɪɴɢ? ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴀʙꜱᴏʟᴜᴛᴇʟʏ ᴀᴅᴏʀᴀʙʟᴇ.

ᴍʏ ɢᴏᴀʟ ɪꜱ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ ¹⁵ᴋ ʙʏ ꜱᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ¹⁴ᴛʜ, ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴍʏ ¹⁵ᴛʜ ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ.

ᴀʟꜱᴏ, ꜱᴄʀᴇᴡ ᴊᴋʀ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʜᴀʀʀʏ ᴘᴏᴛᴛᴇʀ.

The little room that my mates had picked out was not exactly little. In fact, it was almost bigger than their chambers. The dazzling and sparkling purple wallpaper that lined one of the walls was the perfect mix of me and what immortality had made me. The rest of the walls were made a pure white that made the purple pop even more.

A singular window allows light to come through and into the room, placed in the middle of the purple wall. The area was so empty, ready to be filled with whatever we wanted. After all, this would be our little shared space. Our nest would be the place where we could all feel safe, warm, and loved.

I had been assured that none of the guards would come in unless we all agreed on it. No more children barging into our rooms while we were having our private conversations. The nest had also already been rendered soundproof, meaning that if we did decide to do anything inside, nobody would hear us like they did last night.

"Amore, what kind of bed would you like? We can get anything," Marcus brushed his hand through my hair as he pulled up a small tablet. "We can buy you literally anything that you want. Within reason, of course. I am afraid that things like countries and illegal items are off the table."

"You act as if I would request a human skull, Marcus," my mate brushes his hand over my cheek, "I am not interested in countries when I already have my coven and my mates. What more would I really want?"

"Anna, you can want anything and we will do our best to get it to you. My brothers and I would go out of our way to do everything that can make you happy," Aro whips past us, grabbing his own tablet and pressing a bunch of buttons that I could not see. "How big would this bed need to be, Marcus?"

"I don't know, Aro, you do that," Marcus orders at him, kissing my head softly as he picks me up. "You are the cutest little thing, tesoro."

"Put me doooown," I whine, hitting his back playfully, "You always just pick me uuuuup."

All of my mates laugh and ignore my complaints, working with their tablets and showing me various pieces of furniture, looking for my approval. I guess I had to be thankful that we all had the same taste in style. God knows what would happen if we had opposing ideas. We could tear this place to pieces if we got angry.

"I think that we can all agree on one thing, this place is going to be magnificent," Caius looks around the now empty room. "Our mate seems quite fond of purple. It is quite the royal color."

"It was always so damn expensive. For so long. Only recently has the color become widely available. Now even the common person can find the color. What a thing, modern technology," Aro muses.

"Wait, purple was expensive? Why?" I ask, unaware of this.

"Ah, the dye was so hard to come across. Even royalty had a hard time affording the color. Have you not wondered why no flags have the color in it? They need something that is widely available. Not even Rome could afford such a flag at their prime. It is such a shame. Although some new age flags have the color in them, they have only been in use since the beginning of the 20th century," Aro explains. Caius and Marcus both nod their heads, laughing quietly. "What would our younger selves think of such a change?"