The End of Everything - Part 1

Tartar Labs

The entrance doors to the Lab opened, Commander Tartar himself slithering in. The alarm strobe lights were already off, as Tartar looked around. The ground was littered with dead stalkers and Sanitized Octarians. They had already been breached.

"My army..." Tartar grumbled to himself. He slowly walked around the halls, looking for any clues to where anyone who breached might've gone. Their submarine was still parked, so he knew they were still here.

Several minutes went by. He entered the center labs of the facility, studying the environment. This place had been breached too, the door to the time machine room wide open.

He entered. The time machine was booming with life as always, but it wasn't turn on. What did they want with the time machine?

"Hello, Tartar." A female voice said in the corner of the room. Tartar turned to see Marina, casually sitting down, fumbling with her fingers.

The sound of guns cocking sounded behind him, prompting him to turn around. Pearl was directly behind him, Dualies ready to strike. "Don't move, terminator."

Tartar grumbled and turned back to Marina. "...Mother."

"Let's drop the mother bullshit, alright?" Marina replied. "You're delusional, and alone. And we're here to stop you from your hellbent destruction of the entire universe."

"I see you read my plans." Tartar sighed. "...I don't consider it destruction. I consider it order. Correction for a sick universe."

"So your hatred extends just beyond Octarians and Inklings, doesn't it?"

"In a way, yes." Tartar looked down. "I've been studying your kinds for my entire life. I was built by humans, finished by you, and in all the time I had to reflect on all of that, I came to a simple conclusion. ...No life-form deserves sentience."

"Including you."

"Including me. We're all too easily controlled by emotions, no matter how pointless. I want to cleanse the universe of these impurities, because really, the universe itself is pure without us."

"And what makes you think you're the robot for the job?"

"...Because I'm the only one who can see the impurities. I'm the only one with a grand enough will to act on it. But don't think that I exclude myself. When my job is finished, I will silently lay down my own life, as well as those which I have created."

Marina chuckled a little bit, standing up. "You've even more delusional than I thought. I'm actually straight up embarrassed to have designed you. You really don't understand, do you?"

"Understand what?"

"Not only is what you're doing physically impossible, but it's gonna destroy all of reality if you even attempt it. Unlike you, I have all the math in my head, space-time would actually become crippled after... what, three full uses?"

"You're lying to stop me."

"I'm really not, Tartar. It's science. You're living off of delusion. Oh, and another thing you fail to understand, is that the universe is only pure because it has those sentient beings to consider it pure. I don't even understand how you missed that."

"If only you were by my side all this time to tell me these things yourself, Mother."

"Maybe I would've if you didn't let yourself become a sick machine with genocidal needs. You destroyed my city, and I could never forgive something like that."

"So you're here to kill me." Tartar smiled.

"No. Of course not. ...She is."

Tartar's smile faded as he turned around to Pearl, but it wasn't Pearl she was talking about. Marina suddenly dived to grab Pearl out of the way, both them sliding to the floor. Then, before Tartar could react, he was knocked out of the room by a heavy unseen force.