Broken Promises

The Next Day

Jessica woke up face down on a metal table. With a groan, she sat up and tried to move, only to notice her hands were held together by duct tape, which was also duct taped to the table. She looked around, noticing that she was in some sort of small metal dome-shaped room. "Shit." She muttered to herself, quickly checking her surroundings for anything to escape with. There was a metal door in front of her. As she tried to stand up, she also noticed that her chest and legs to tied to the chair she was sitting in. She struggled around for a minute, and even tried her squid form, but nothing worked. "Dammit."

Frustration building inside her, she banged the table with her tied up hands. "LET ME OUT OF HERE! OCTOLING!"

The door opened, with someone walking in, but it wasn't Bridgett. Dylan stepped in, taking a seat across from her. "Hi. It's nice to meet you, Agent 3. I have heard so much about you."

"Who the hell are you?"

"I'm Dylan. Agent 4. I was your replacement when the Great Zapfish got kidnapped again, since you were on your missions or whatever."

Jessica sighed. "...Replacement, huh? So all this about Cuttlefish needing me was a lie?"

"Not really. For one, I'm... kind of injured. I've been completely useless. Second, from what I hear, you're just a much better agent than me."

"Where's the Octoling?"

"Bridgett is in the other room."

"Tell her to let me out of here."

"It's not up to her. It's up to Captain Cuttlefish."

"Then tell Cuttlefish to let me out of here!"

"I doubt he'll listen, even if you begged. From what Bridgett has told us, you've been really busy. Going around under our noses, as some kind of caped vigilante who was undercover as second in command to Tartar himself. And here I thought Octo Canyon was dangerous. The question that's on our minds, though, what's your goal? You were undercover right next to Tartar the whole time and you never killed him."

"It's complicated."

"Well, uncomplicate it. I hear you're a good agent but I'll be honest, the only one who trusts you after Bridgett's Executioner story is Cuttlefish himself."

Jessica chuckled to herself. "You seem pretty aggressive, Agent 4."

"I'm just doing my job. Now, we wanna know. What's your goal?"

"It's not really your business, Dylan. Do yourself a favor and let me out before I get really mad."

Dylan sighed and stood up. "We've been going through quite a lot for 6 months. You being stubborn with us really isn't helping anyone, especially not yourself."

"Really? Too bad I just don't care."

Dylan stepped out, returning to the dining room area. "She's not talking."

"Well she better talk soon. She's hiding something." Marie sighed. "She's so different from the Octo Valley days. What happened to her?"

"The apocalypse happened. Changed all of us." Marina sighed. "This is torture. But at least Eight is back."

Everyone in the bunker was present, even Pearl. Pearl sat near the back, glaring at Bridgett. Bridgett gave her the occasional glance back, but Pearl refused to speak to anyone.

"Jessica is the finest warrior I've ever met. She'll speak up soon, we'll know everything is fine, and then we can put this all behind us." Cuttlefish said.