Messing with their Minds

January 2nd,2016

After Pepper and the 3 kids left everybody immediately got to work. "He's all over the globe. Robotics labs, weapons facilities, jet propulsion labs, reports of a metal man, or men, coming in and emptying the place." Maria tells Steve. "Fatalities?" "Only when engaged. Mostly guys left in a fugue state going on about old memories, worst fears, and something too fast to see." She answeres. "Maximoffs. It makes sense why he'd go to them, they are brainwashed and have Strucker with them " Steve says. " Not anymore," She says handing him the tablet which had a picture of Struckers dead body with the word peace written on the wall.

"That's a negative. I answer to you. Yes, ma'am" Clint says talking to someone. "Barton, we might have something," Steve says walking over to him. "Gotta go," He says to the phone and ends the call. "Who was that?" Steve asks him. "Laura" He answers and they both go into the Lab where the rest of the team was gathered. 

"What's this?" Tony asks seeing Steve and Thor surrounding the tablet. " A message. Ultron killed Strucker" Steve answers. "And he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us," Tony says seeing the tablet. "This is a smokescreen. Why send a message when you've just given a speech?"Natasha asked. "Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss," Steve told her. "Yeah, I bet he-" Natasha starts but then look sat the computer. "Yep. Everything we had on Strucker has been erased." She finishes. "Not everything," Tony says and they all start looking through files to find anything about Strucker.

"Known associates. Well, Strucker had a lot of friends" Steve says. "Well, these people are all horrible," Bruce says looking at the files. "Wait. I know that guy" Tony interrupts and Bruce hands him the picture he was looking at. "From back in the day. He operates off the African coast, black market arms." Tony says and Steve gives him a look which makes Tony roll his eyes. "There are conventions, alright? You meet people, I didn't sell him anything." Tony says showing them the picture of Ulysses Klaue. "He was talking about finding something new, a game-changer, it was all very 'Ahab.'" Tony tells them. 

" This," Thor says pointing to the scar on Klaue's neck. "Uh, it's a tattoo. I don't think he had it." Tony says confused. "No, those are tattoos, this is a brand," Thor says, and Bruce quickly identifies it. "Oh, yeah. It's a word in an African dialect meaning thief, in a much less friendly way." Bruce tells them. "What dialect?" Steve asks him. "Wakanada...? Wa...Wa...Wakanda." Bruce says trying to pronounce the word. "If this guy got out of Wakanda with some of their trade goods," Tony tells Steve. " I thought your father said he got the last of it?" Steve asks him. "I don't follow. What comes out of Wakanda?" Bruce asks joining the conversation. "The strongest metal on earth," Tony says looking at Steves shield. "Where is this guy now?" Steve asks.

"Africa. At a salvage yard," Tony says after a few minutes. "Suit Up," Steve says in his captain voice.

Salvage Yard, African Coast

"Don't tell me your man swindled you. I sent you six short-range heat seekers and got a boat full of rusted parts. Now, you will make it right, or the next missile I send you will come very much faster" Klaue says to someone on the phone. He then ends the call and connects to a new one. "Now, minister, where were we?" He asks but before he could say anything the lights suddenly turn off. Suddenly the Maximoff Twins enter his office.

"Yeah. The enhanced. Strucker's prize pupils. I thought you two were with the Avengers?" He says. "Want a candy? Oh, sorry to hear about Strucker. But then, he knew what kind of world he was helping create. Human life, not a growth market" He says picking up the plate that had candy in it. "You...you didn't know? Is this your first time intimidating someone? I thought the Avengers would've taught you better. I'm afraid that I'm not that afraid." Klaue tells them. "Everybody's afraid of something," Wanda tells him. "Cuttlefish. Deep-sea fish. They make lights. disco lights. Whoom, whoom, whoom! to hypnotize their prey, then whoom! I saw a documentary, it was terrifying" Klaue tells them with a small laugh. Suddenly Pietro speeds over and grabs a piece of Candy from Klaues desk with scares him for a second.