"Come be lonely with me" {Norman Polk/The Projectionist}

(Warning: This is a vent/comfort oneshot)

I sat at my desk, I was so tired. I felt so alone. My head in my hands as tears fell from my eyes. I didn't feel loved. I felt ugly, and stupid. Fat. I couldn't rely on anyone but him, and he's not even real. I love him so much. I'm so lonely, he's all I have. I pulled my hair with my hands as I cried. I don't deserve to live. I want to be happy. It's just always barely out of my grasp. I felt a hand on my arm and my head shot up to look at my computer screen. I saw an inky black arm extend, but slowly become more human with a mixed skin tone. I watched as a projector blinded me as it came from the screen, and slowly became a face. I started to cry harder. It was him. Soon he was completely out of the screen, both of his hands on my face.

 "So, if you're lonely, darling, you're glowing." Norman spoke softly, wiping my tears with his thumb. I wrapped my arms around him, as if he'd disappear at any moment, and i'm sure he could. I sobbed into his chest. He felt so real. I smiled, tears of joy finally spilling from my eyes. "if you're lonely, come be lonely with me." Norman whispered, his arms wrapped around me.

 "I-" I started, looking up into his eyes, that were a soft brown. Until I heard a faint alarm. Fear filled my body, "No- please, no-" I sobbed, tightly gripping onto the man, who chuckled.

 "I'll see you again, Darling." I he gave me a soft smile, as I looked for fear in his expression. "I love you, [Y/N]." He placed a soft kiss to my forehead, as he faded away.

 The obnoxious beeping kept getting louder, until I woke up, sitting at my desk, head on my crossed arms. At the realization it was all a dream, I sobbed.

 "I love you, too, Norman." I whispered, then cried myslef back to sleep.

-End-

This was a vent/comfort oneshot. I haven't been feeling the best lately, and I really only have one friend, and all my comfort characters to rely on. Technically this could count as a songfic, but not really. I really love Norman, and he's one of my constant comfort characters, along with Scott Watson/Phone guy, Charles Calvin, and Cayde-6. I have other comfort characters, but they aren't always comforting, like Grillby, Papyrus, Sniper, Gyro, and Tamaki. Anyway, thanks for reading. Sincerely, Derpy.