"Soulmates" {Norman Polk}

-Soulmate tattoo AU-
(Also some sibling love with Sammy)

 The small tattoo of a writing pen lent against a projector always taunted me. It was on my wrist, which meant I could spot the person I was supposed to spend my life with easily. I had always been searching for my soulmate, but I had slowly been giving up. As I approached my brother's workplace, I remembered how long it had been since I had last saw him: 6 years. I wasn't sure if he'd even want to see me, but I decided to enter the studio. My grump of a little brother is just gonna have to deal with it. As I entered the animation studio, I got smacked in the face with a strong smell of ink. It wasn't all that horrible once I stood inside for a while, but it definately wasn't pleasant either.

 I decided against asking for directions, and found the closest staircase. I'd find the music department before socializing with anyone. It didn't take horribly long to find, but my legs were tired. I sat down on the floor, to take a moment before trying to search for my brother.

 "Everything alright there?" A man with somewhat of a southern accent asked from infront of me.

 I looked up and saw a fairly tall man with a dark complexion. He was actually quite handsome.

 "Oh, yes. I was just sitting down for a moment, there's quite a lot of stairs." I said, awkwardly.

 "Need any help, Mx...." The man trailed off, and put his hand out to help me up.

 "[Y/N] Lawrence." I told him as I took his hand, and I looked at his wrist for just a moment after I felt something odd. There was a tattoo, of a projector and a pen, and I panicked.

 "Norman Polk." The man, who I now know is my soulmate named Norman said.

 "Uh... Do you know where my brother may be?" I asked, trying to retreat as fast as possible.

 "Probably in his office, down that hall." He pointed to a hallway to my left.

 "Thank you, uh.. Norman." I said, hearing a 'you're welcome.', and leaving.

 As I walked down the hall, I thought about the fact that I was not expecting to find my soulmate. I didn't know what to do. I eventually spotted the familiar blonde through a glass window. He was working, but did I care? No. I knocked on the the door of his office, and I could hear him grumble.

 "Come in." Sammy's irritated voice was muffled, and as I entered he spoke again "What do you need?", still irritated.

 "That's not a nice way to treat your older sibling, or anyone, really." I said, thinking it'd irritate him even more.

 Sammy's head shot in my direction, and jumped up so quickly it startled me. I never would've thought he'd hug me either, but he did. "[Y/N]."

 "Hey, Sammy Sam." I said, hugging him back.

 Sammy sighed "Will you ever stop calling me that? It's embarrassing"

 "Never. It's my job to embarrass you." I joked.

 Sammy let go of me, and found a chair for me to sit in. We both sat down, and he spoke again "What are you even doing here?" he asked.

 "Well, I thought i'd be nice to visit, and i'd actually like to get a job here. Although I wasn't expecting to see my soulmate..." I said, only mumbling the last part, hoping Sammy wouldn't hear.

 "I'm sorry, what?" Sammy immediately responded, as I looked at the small inky music note on his ring finger. He still had yet to find his soulmate, but he didn't express any want to, either.

 "Hahah... I found my soulmate?" I said, nervously.

 "It would be nice to see you at work, but WHAT?" Even though Sammy was younger than me, he always expressed a want to be protective over me, especially when our father was around.

 "Oh..." I nervously laughed.

 "Who do I need to threaten?" Sammy stood up.

 "Sammy. Do not." I sternly spoke to him.

 "At least tell me who it is, I don't look at people's wrists." Sammy was slowly getting back to his usual mood.

 "Norman..." I mumbled, hoping it wasn't someone he hated.

 "Oh, alright." Sammy shrugged.

 "Wait... You don't hate him?" I was actually shocked.

 "No. He's a very bright man." Sammy spoke.

 I nodded, and we talked for a little while longer, before I had to leave.

-A month later-

 I had started working at Joey Drew Studios as a storyboarder 3 weeks ago, and Norman and I had been getting along. Although, not everyone had liked me, one being Susie Campbell. I could tell she had a thing for my brother, even if they weren't soulmates. Once she had asked me why I was so close to Sammy, and that she thought I was 'Taking him from her'. I had to tell her that he's my brother. She was fairly embarrassed, and I could hear Norman laughing at her from wherever he was at that moment. Joey Drew wasn't all that fond of me, especially after I noticed he'd been putting more work onto Sammy. 

 I hadn't told Norman we were soulmates, but I had a feeling he already knew. After being around him for a short amount of time, I realized he was very observant. I knew I was bound to fall for him, afterall he is my soulmate, but I didn't think i'd happen so quickly. I started adoring everything he did, and it scared me. I spent so much time searching, and I almost gave up, looking for him. Now he was right infront of me, and I would say I loved him if it wasn't so early. I was brought back into reality by the man infront of me, Norman, who was speaking.

 "Y'know I know, right?" He said, looking at my wrist.

 "Huh?" I wanted him to specify.

 "The soulmates thing." Norman spoke, looking at the posters on the wall.

 "I was hoping that you didn't." I mumbled.

 Norman chuckled "Y'know, I'd like to take you out-"

 "Then go ahead." I interrupted Norman with a smile.

 "I'll pick you up on Saturday, then." Norman smiled.

-End-

ITS 5AM- Sorry for the sudden ending, but I wanted to get this out before I went to bed, and as you can see I said it's 5am. I am tired as hell, and STILL UPSET ABOUT THE $40 DOLLAR NORMAN POP FIGURE. HHHHHHHHHH WALMART YOU BITCH. Also, the mention of Sammy's and the reader character's father was something I thought could be interesting: I feel like Sammy's personality would come from a not-so-nice upbringing, and his relationship with his family. The reader character and his relationship is so nice because they always looked out for eachother. I feel like either Sammy always had a passion for music and his father hated it, or his father forced him to have a musical career. I prefer the former, but the latter is still an option. This is just my headcanon for Sammy's backstory though. Anyways, thanks for reading! Derpy out.